Forums

The Queenside Fried Liver

Sort:
Ben_Dubuque

Oh and the bishop gets a nice spot at b3 so it makes sence to give up a pawn for that

shepi13

I believe that some lines might be playable, but not these giberish lines that whatsupyodog came up with.

Ben_Dubuque

Yeah, but anyone who has a semi open mind, would look at my line, then that would be appreciated

shepi13

Jetfighter - I don't believe black has compensation for the pawns, but black is better than white is in most of the regular lines of this opening. It's kind of like a danish gambit: not that great but quite interesting.

whatupyodog

Jetfighter i would either do a4 or just nc3 to be better deveopled. Also, shepi all of the lines said so far are playable, and jetfighter, sorry if i insulted you, i did not mean to.

Ben_Dubuque

two things, Nc3 has already been played, and a4 does nothing to develop, you are deffinately have no clue what you are talking about

whatupyodog

a4 wasnt done to develop, it was to do a5 or b5 if something prevented a5 that allowed b5. Sorry i ment Nf3, and i would like an apology accepted.

NachtWulf

These are all of the lines I have discussed thus far. Black has achieved equality or better in each:

whatupyodog

Nacht, honestly, what are are you trying to prove with that, you did not put in one of my refutation lines which i had for every variation in that in which white clearly came out better in every one.

Ben_Dubuque

yes he did, every move you input, he countered, keep track of your own comments, you truly have no clue what you are talking about

NachtWulf
whatupyodog wrote:

Nacht, honestly, what are are you trying to prove with that, you did not put in one of my refutation lines which i had for every variation in that in which white clearly came out better in every one.

People are posting comments faster than I can read them! Just post a line for me, and I'll show you what I would do as black to get the edge in the opening.

shepi13

I meant Nge2 - but it still looks bad for white. after Qa6 Nc1

Ben_Dubuque

sorry there, Natch, are there any improvements in my line

shepi13

On d4 d5 Nc3 Nf6 Bf4 c5 b4 cxd4 Qxd4 Nc6 Qd2 e5 Bg5 d4 Ne4 then Nxe4 wins a piece Nachtwulf.

mateologist

NachtWulf that is why experienced players never chose that patzers opening , That is the first attack novices learn when playing d4 with the white pieces there is nothing new here !  Cool 

NachtWulf

An even easier way to settle this would be a chess game. Feel free to challenge me with the qsfl, and I'll handle the black pieces. Laughing

shepi13

d4 d5 c4 wins Laughing

Ben_Dubuque

I never play d4 so I don't need to worry about that, though the 1.e4 patzer opening might be the KG

The_Gavinator

jetfigher that's true, the parham is the way to go.

shepi, qg = 1/2

nachtwulf, that's true but a game couldn't settle all of the lines

shepi13

Another question - Why is this called the queenside fried liver. The fried liver attack isn't the move Ng5, but rather Nxf7. If it was a fried liver you would meet Na6 with Nxc7+ obviously, but that is a failure.