Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

The Queenside Fried Liver

• 2 years ago · Quote · #241

jetfighter13

• 2 years ago · Quote · #242

shepi13

This is what he is talking about with Nb5.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #243

jetfighter13

oh before anyone ever calls me a patzer again, here is a game of mine

• 2 years ago · Quote · #244

The_Gavinator

jetfigher, you're opponent made some obvious mistakes. however it was a win, but in a correspondence game. I don't like to count those as skill, as cheating is easy with engines/discussion with other players.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #245

jetfighter13

I don't even have an engine, and I don't talk about my games, or listen to advice on current games, plus, notice the comment I put at the start

• 2 years ago · Quote · #246

The_Gavinator

yeah, I could say I beat kasporav in a 3 day match, but that doesn't mean I didn't engine.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #247

jetfighter13

how can I use one, if I don't have one??

• 2 years ago · Quote · #248

The_Gavinator

jetfighter, I have a feeling you're very self-centered. The topic is about a new opening whatupyodog and I are developing, not about jetfighter's skill in a correspondence game against a bad player. Please stay on topic, discussing this opening and any possible lines to it, not about your "amazing" correspondence win.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #249

jetfighter13

I was just saying, that before anyone calls me a patzer, they actually look at the entire body of games they play, plus I was rather offended by whatup's outbursts calling whomever dissagreed with him complete garbage, you at least have a semi open mind, and can be persuaded in some instances, and understand sarcasm. anyway, any responce to my Gambit line in your opening.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #250

The_Gavinator

Jetfigher, your line is irrelevant because 5. e4 hangs a pawn, and white wouldn't play that line.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #251

jetfighter13

I might, because now my bishop goes to c4 and is aimed at the real weak square, f7, and the bishop should not be kicked due to a weakened pawn structure

• 2 years ago · Quote · #252

The_Gavinator

This opening is now going to be dubbed the Waite-Harrison Attack, a mixture of whatupyodog and I's names. This is from shepi pointing out this is technically not a reverse fried liver.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #253

NachtWulf

Hm... I might have an answer for that. Anyone care to play me using that, correspondence or live? (Or both?)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #254

The_Gavinator

I'm garbage, but whatupyodog could probably play you. Any comments on the lines?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #255

albatross3160

i think this opening is based off mistakes, not  actual superior opening

after Nc3 or Bf4 , black could just as well play c6, stopping Nb5, completely stopping this idea(a6 would work too, but I like c6. Black might be behind in development, but it's certainly not a very big deal)

:P

• 2 years ago · Quote · #256

shepi13

Only comment is that I actually believe the best continuation for black after Bd3 Nxd3 is e6 followed by Bd6.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #257

The_Gavinator

albotross, after c6, black's development is shattered, and white could give an ambitious try with b4 if he really wanted to. I thing forcing black to develop inferiorly is a good aspect of the waite-harrison.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #258

whatupyodog

Advlegitimate, instead of Rb1 Qd2 makes white much better, and shepi, instead of 10. 0-0-0, 10. Nge2 followed by an a3 b4 lets white push e4.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #259

shepi13

But at major costs.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #260

The_Gavinator

Like what? Be specific.

Post your reply: