Forums

What is this opening called?

Sort:
CoenJones

kco

Is a very bad opening that is why is not on the GE.

kco

Well apparently is does occur in the other database, is from the Petroff's defence C42. 

CoenJones

thanks, I did realise it was a terrible opening, but it is not true that the darksquare bishop is blocked, as you could fianchetto it.

gaereagdag

Let's call it Petroff Defence, drunken bishop variation.

CoenJones

haha lol

gaereagdag

Not sure what Iwould do as black. ..d5!? straight away is interesting. ...Nc6 is solid and can't be bad.

RubiksRevenge

Why it have White to move? In first post.

CoenJones

how could it be white to move? white has moved thrice while black has only moved twice

gaereagdag

Ok. Let's give black a rubbish move like ...a6.

Now it's white to move Laughing

Bur_Oak

Could have been 1. e4 e6 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. Bd3 e5 (or an alternate move order). White to move.

CoenJones

ah

well if it was whites move i would either O-O or b3

blasterdragon

well this opening has a weird plan:

CoenJones

blasterdragon that actually leads to a pretty good position in that sequence, maybe I might try it every now and again (eg every 250th game or something, especially against a lower rated opponent

aggressivesociopath

Apperently this is actually a line of the Ponzani that ussually occures after 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. c3 Nf6 4. Bd3

chessmaster102

has no name so name it yourself

waffllemaster

I've seen that before.  I think it's called the I've-played-less-than-10-games-in-my-life opening.

CoenJones

lol @wafflemaster, thanks @chessmaster102, we've established that already, and we decided to call it "Pettroff Defence: Drunken Bishop Variation"

blasterdragon
manspider29 wrote:

blasterdragon that actually leads to a pretty good position in that sequence, maybe I might try it every now and again (eg every 250th game or something, especially against a lower rated opponent

its a mutation of the copec system used against the sicilian which goes like this:

CoenJones

ok, thats interesting.