Forums

What is your favorite opening?

Sort:
ponz111

My two favorite openings are the Ponziani and the Center Counter with this line 1. e4  d5  2. exd5  Qxd5.  Also like Bb5 vs many Sicilian lines.

stewartkwok

Hey! Chess master! I like scholars mate too.

Kerfeld

I'm a fan of the English game for white and French for black.  Very European for an American.

ponz111

Scholar'a mate is not an opening?

TheGreatOogieBoogie

To play against?  The gay retard opening, which comes out of the Grob:

1.g4,e5 2.Nh3,d5 3.f3.  That's the transposition, the typical move order is 1.g4,d5 2.f3,e5 3.Nh3

My friend invented the system after I fool's mated him, because he just HAD to have that atrocious pawn structure lol! 

GreenLeaf14

WHY OH WHY should someone not take the queen at the game of post #81 am i missing sth????

scandium

The 3.Bc4 version of the King's Gambit (instead of the much more common 3.Nf3). It can transpose into standard lines found in the Vienna and 'normal' King's Gambit, but it has many lines that are uniquely its own. It can get very messy, which I like. And the white K, especially when black plays 3... Qh4+, can become very exposed, yet paradoxically very safe. Its a lot of fun to play if you like wild lines that are very unbalanced.

ViktorHNielsen

My favourite endgame is this:

Oh wait, you asked for openings? Maybe the ruy lopez, I have a +10 score with no loses after something like 16 games.