Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Worse then damiano defence


  • 6 years ago · Quote · #1

    BigBadWeirdo

    I was shocked to see that there is in fact an opening worse then the accepted knight sacrifice damiano defence. Here it is, the king's gambit declined:

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    I don't even lose a knight here.Tongue out

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #2

    atomichicken

    Yeah, I came across that one a few times in my novice days. Just as bad is 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6?? 3. Nxe5! fxe5 Qh5+ etc... So basically f3 or f6 isn't the best idea in the opening. Smile

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #3

    Yuomay

    atomichicken wrote:

    Yeah, I came across that one a few times in my novice days. Just as bad is 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6?? 3. Nxe5! fxe5 Qh5+ etc... So basically f3 or f6 isn't the best idea in the opening.


    Man, that actually IS the damiano defense. Look at topic title.

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #4

    lastwarrior2010

    don't forget that black does have better defence than shown there for example:

    3. ... Qe7 or 6. ... d5!

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #5

    atomichicken

    Yuomay wrote:
    atomichicken wrote:

    Yeah, I came across that one a few times in my novice days. Just as bad is 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6?? 3. Nxe5! fxe5 Qh5+ etc... So basically f3 or f6 isn't the best idea in the opening.


    Man, that actually IS the damiano defense. Look at topic title.


    Oh yeah. lol My bad. Anyway, the less said about these 'openings' (I use the word openings very loosely) the better.

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #6

    atomichicken

    lastwarrior2010 wrote:

    don't forget that black does have better defence than shown there for example:

    3. ... Qe7 or 6. ... d5!

     

    It still is bad either way.


  • 6 years ago · Quote · #7

    Spiffe

    atomichicken wrote:

    Oh yeah. lol My bad. Anyway, the less said about these 'openings' (I use the word openings very loosely) the better.


    And yet I can't figure why there are so many threads discussing them.

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #8

    atomichicken

    Me neither.

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #9

    Sagnik

    Klimto wrote:

    I was shocked to see that there is in fact an opening worse then the accepted knight sacrifice damiano defence. Here it is, the king's gambit declined:

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    I don't even lose a knight here.


  • 6 years ago · Quote · #10

    Sagnik

    I like to be practical don't be grammatical.


Back to Top

Post your reply: