Forums

Worse then damiano defence

Sort:
BigBadWeirdo

I was shocked to see that there is in fact an opening worse then the accepted knight sacrifice damiano defence. Here it is, the king's gambit declined:

I don't even lose a knight here.Tongue out

atomichicken

Yeah, I came across that one a few times in my novice days. Just as bad is 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6?? 3. Nxe5! fxe5 Qh5+ etc... So basically f3 or f6 isn't the best idea in the opening. Smile

Yuomay
atomichicken wrote:

Yeah, I came across that one a few times in my novice days. Just as bad is 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6?? 3. Nxe5! fxe5 Qh5+ etc... So basically f3 or f6 isn't the best idea in the opening.

Man, that actually IS the damiano defense. Look at topic title.

lastwarrior2010

don't forget that black does have better defence than shown there for example:

3. ... Qe7 or 6. ... d5!

atomichicken
Yuomay wrote:
atomichicken wrote:

Yeah, I came across that one a few times in my novice days. Just as bad is 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6?? 3. Nxe5! fxe5 Qh5+ etc... So basically f3 or f6 isn't the best idea in the opening.

Man, that actually IS the damiano defense. Look at topic title.

Oh yeah. lol My bad. Anyway, the less said about these 'openings' (I use the word openings very loosely) the better.

atomichicken
lastwarrior2010 wrote:

don't forget that black does have better defence than shown there for example:

3. ... Qe7 or 6. ... d5!

It still is bad either way.

Spiffe
atomichicken wrote:

Oh yeah. lol My bad. Anyway, the less said about these 'openings' (I use the word openings very loosely) the better.

And yet I can't figure why there are so many threads discussing them.

atomichicken

Me neither.

Sagnik
Klimto wrote:

I was shocked to see that there is in fact an opening worse then the accepted knight sacrifice damiano defence. Here it is, the king's gambit declined:

I don't even lose a knight here.

Sagnik

I like to be practical don't be grammatical.