Forums

Your favorate lines in the open games?

Sort:
chessteenager

I want to make a forum about our favorate lines in the open games aka 1.e4 and 1...e5 for either color. Here are some of mine

and a little weapon of mine 

azziralc

Is that Chigorin? Nah, nevermind.

My favorite line in an open game was the Berlin wall which starts up with 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 Nf6 4.0-0 Nxe4 5.d4 Nd6 and so on.

Should I use diagram on it?

chessteenager

@nylesel cant that be converted very easily into a well known drawn endgame?

@Moses the evans is interesting but considered inferior now a days. Im not a big fan of the Zaitsev, Sokolov killed it in the TATA steel he played like a hybrid of it 

ViktorHNielsen
azziralc

@chessteenager

Berlin has many chances for a drawn endgame, but I like to play it since that theory requires great positional understanding and to be a good strategist. :D

azziralc

But it's still an open game right?

azziralc

Kasparov do losses on Berlin against Kramnik on championship match, but there's a game where Kasparov then learns how to play it against Kramnik and win the game. I can share the game here if you want to, :D

chessteenager

Anything starting with 1.e4...e5 is considered oepn but pelase no petrov or philidor posts :P

chessteenager

Hmm ill take your word on it. I dont play the Lopez as white anyway and as black i try for the marshall or chigoran or breyer 

ViktorHNielsen
nyLsel wrote:

Kasparov do losses on Berlin against Kramnik on championship match, but there's a game where Kasparov then learns how to play it against Kramnik and win the game. I can share the game here if you want to, :D

He didn't lose against the Berlin, all the games were drawn. But he was outprepared by Kramnik, and couldn't win against Kramnik, which won twice in the match. The Berlin was the ¨drawing¨ weapon against Kasparovs ¨winning with white¨ style, but none(!) of the Berlin games played in the WC match was boring!