finalunpurez

caro kann - against e4

slav sometimes albin counter or budapest gambit- against d4 

chessmaster102

Noteboom

Najdorf

azziralc

Against:

1.e4 c5 - The Sicilian defense (Najdorf, Lasker Pelikan variation)

1.d4 Nf6 - Nimzo-Indian Defense or the Queen's Indian.

:)

azziralc

I often used french defense against 1.e4 

CHCL

1. d4: Benoni  (same goes for 1.nf3, g3...)
2. e4: Sicilian Najdorf,scheveningen style. (Ok, I got his book and really liked it!)

CerebralAssassin

what is noteboom?

against e4:French,Alekhine

against d4:Mikenas,Budapest,Dutch,KID

chessgdt

e4-e5

d4-d5

NachtWulf

versus 1. e4, I'll play French! (In fact, I've come to actually welcome the exchange variation.)

versus 1. d4, I'll play the KID. Or do my best to play the KID, without knowing much theory. Tongue out

versus 1. c4, I'll play the mirrored English, with Nh6-f5 if white opts for the fianchetto variation.

Dark_Falcon

I play only solid openings...

versus 1.e4: The Latvian Gambit, the Elephant Gambit or the Franco-Hiva-Gambit

versus 1.d4: The Englund-Gambit, the Soller-Gambit, the Blackburne-Hartlaub-Gambit or the Baltic Defence

versus 1.c4: The Vector-Gambit

Kullat_Nunu

1.e4 -> e6 (French, preferably Winawer)

1.d4 -> f5 (Dutch, depending on White's setup either Stonewall or Iljin-Genevki)

1.c4 -> e5 (2. Nc3 d6 3.g3/Nf3 f5!) (not sure about the name of this system, maybe 'Reversed Grandprix-Attack)

1.Nf3 -> f5 (Dutch, Stonewall only if White plays an early 1.d4, if they go for d3/e4 or d3/c4 then again: Reversed Grandprix-Attack=

1.f4 -> e5! (Froms Gambit, if they transpose to King's Gambit -> Baker's Defence 3...h6)

1.g3 -> e5! (and then go for a Reversed Pirc/Modern Defence if they forget to play c4, otherwise: welcome back to Reversed Grandprix)

Against other White openings -> no theoretical preparation at all, I think normal development and tactically sound play are sufficient for Black to get an equal game.

TurkishCoffee
AdvLegitimate wrote:
CerebralAssassin wrote:

semi slav variation:

And against e4 you need a third.  And against an earlier Nf3 you need a fourth.  And even then, I'm not sure that's all the GM-worth deviations that happen merely after the QG beginning.

The point being, the Noteboom can't really be your "d4 defense."  It can be one of the many variations you occasionally get to play.  But it's a little like basing your e4 repertoire around the idea that you'll be facing exclusively the English Attack.

CHCL
Dark_Falcon wrote:

versus 1.d4: The Englund-Gambit, the Soller-Gambit, the Blackburne-Hartlaub-Gambit or the Baltic Defence

Solid???

chessmaster102
CHCL wrote:
Dark_Falcon wrote:

Solid???

man some people need to recognize jokesWink

myfreechess

I play to my opponent's opening when im black. Call me stupid, but I'm quite skilled at it.

Jadeite
TurkishCoffee wrote:

The point being, the Noteboom can't really be your "d4 defense."  It can be one of the many variations you occasionally get to play.  But it's a little like basing your e4 repertoire around the idea that you'll be facing exclusively the English Attack.

Eh, the noteboom really starts after 1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nf3 e6 4.Nc3 dxc4.

It's a fairly common line; c4, Nf3, and Nc3 are all the most common, natural moves, and there are a bunch of different move orders to get into that position.

It's more like basing your e4 repertoire around the idea that you'll be facing the open sicillian.

I play the french and the noteboom, myself. With some rare lines like the nimzovitch defence thrown in when I get bored.

chessmaster102

of coures it cant be your real defense to d4 but by posting Noteboom common sense show that we play the semi-slav.

Last_Sire03

against e4 I use the French Defense and against d4 I use slav

finalunpurez

I play the double muzio from the kings gambit. Very Solid Wink