Forums

News Flash!! Sarcasm gets you banned.

Sort:
December_TwentyNine
yedddy wrote:

i think it boils down to jealousy. people ban highly intelligent people from their forums so they don't continue to upstage them and steal their glory. it's a form of predjudice and it needs to stop!

Yes of course, milord. If a fully incompetent user starts a thread with a rather ridiculous question who had obviously put no thought process behind his idea in the first place, then a "sarcastic" person comes along and makes an example out of him using a really good point, then that incompetent user is definetly going to get offended. He may even start a pointless argument, or even worse, a flame war! So to avoid all that butt-hurt, he just simply bans that "sarcastic" user.

thatcham

“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?'

Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?”

Sarcasm is never completely wasted.
yedddy
December_TwentyNine wrote:
yedddy wrote:

i think it boils down to jealousy. people ban highly intelligent people from their forums so they don't continue to upstage them and steal their glory. it's a form of predjudice and it needs to stop!

Yes of course, milord. If a fully incompetent user starts a thread with a rather ridiculous question who had obviously put no thought process behind his idea in the first place, then a "sarcastic" person comes along and makes an example out of him using a really good point, then that incompetent user is definetly going to get offended. He may even start a pointless argument, or even worse, a flame war! So to avoid all that butt-hurt, he just simply bans that "sarcastic" user.

at last, a truly intelligent person who is willing to speak the truth. kudos kind sir, kudos

December_TwentyNine

Thank you sire, thank you.

yedddy

i've developed using excessive sarcasm at work because punching someone in their mouth is frowned upon by management

December_TwentyNine

That doesn't work for me. I need to walk away, because the closer I am to those people, the more than likely I will be able to hear them.

PLAVIN81

Sarcasim showes over zealous Good for determinationSmile

yedddy
Courtney_McDaniels wrote:

i have never been banned for being sarcastic

just wait. either your sarcasm lacks the appropriate sting, or you haven't found the right loser yet.

December_TwentyNine

Either that or his posts just get deleted, which he didn't mention. My sarcasm comes in memes sometimes and chess.com has a "image spamming" policy, EVEN IF THE MEME IS CHESS RELATED!!!

42rick42

yeddy, Exactly! Sarcasm is an evolutionary advancemet in a humanistic society. Though, slapping some fool silly to straighten him out is probably a better social tool for the species survival.  Thus, we are to civilized to preserve a strong evolutionary social structure and eventually the idiots will take over (more) and we'll be made to not use sarcasm in retaurants, stores and such. Small groups of people huddled outside an Applebys being snarky about the fools inside, scaring away the smokers and helping stop cancer! Therefore, we should be applauded for our civic responsibility, since we do everything right and know it because others do it differently and they dress funny.

I love chess.

yedddy

and, in an utter worst case scenario,  i've been blocked from commenting on a certain forum which means the 'tracking comments' option isn't available for me to un-check. this leaves me completly helpless against receiving an update anytime someone posts to the topic. simply awful.

yedddy

if you are blocked from posting in a forum then there is no 'tracking comments' option at the bottom of the page to un-check. so, in effect, i receive the alerts when someone posts but cannot comment back or remove my tracking!

yedddy

breaking news for chess.com forum users: rumour has it that the staff at chess.com are looking into the logistics of billing a surcharge of $0.05 everytime a user makes a snide remark. furthermore studies at harvard and yale have shown that users of sarcasm are twice as likely to think twice before speaking if such levies are imposed. interesting, huh?

yedddy

i know, right? with every waking breath, it is all that i can do to not post degrading comments on some of these forums!

anthony16B

Profile's wall are blocked now on chess com,, players could post something interesting for others in gm profile like Happy birthday or other , very cool to ,not a  related to chess but maybe it was  more living and opened for others things interesting.And they talk sociability ? no anwers in messages ever !

it goes only Chess, (and stupid game like fps imo) and the "chess pro circle of friends" communicate ONLY between them only and can enter donators others can diseappear (sarcastic), the chat is only answered in twitch (promoted by amazon) by streamers and o,nly with the people they know a long date. Just for fun  try to criticize publicity on twitch. I think it is the end...

if a group start to close "his door" on others and life, it is a cult and in time it become short circuited like a swamp privated from clear waters.

anthony16B

Profile's wall are blocked now on chess com,, players could post something interesting for others in gm profile like Happy birthday or other , very cool to ,not a  related to chess but maybe it was  more living and opened for others things interesting.And they talk sociability ? no anwers in messages ever !

it goes only Chess, (and stupid game like fps imo) and the "chess pro circle of friends" communicate ONLY between them only and can enter donators others can diseappear (sarcastic), the chat is only answered in twitch (promoted by amazon) by streamers and o,nly with the people they know a long date. Just for fun  try to criticize publicity on twitch. I think it is the end...

if a group start to close "his door" on others and life, it is a cult and in time it become short circuited like a swamp privated from clear waters.

TopFirst

anthony16B

TopFirst

TopFirst

14px

PostFollow
Forums
   -- Category --      General Chess Discussion      Chess.com Community      Game Analysis      For Beginners      Game Showcase      Chess Openings      Endgame Study      Daily Chess Puzzles      More Puzzles      Live Chess      Online Tournaments      Chess Lessons      Clubs and Teams      ChessTV      Chess Players      Fun With Chess      Chess Books & Equipment      Chess News      Chess Variants      Scholastic Chess      Local Events      Site Feedback      Help & Support      Off Topic     

Forum Legend
Ixneilosophye

Good. There is no place for sarcasm here.