16465 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Chess art & writing to be compiled into a book
Start Date/Time: Aug 22, 2009 at 12 amEnd Date/Time: Nov 1, 2009 at 12 pm
Location: secret headquarters of the B.S.A. 2009 year B.S.A. team forums page
International The Chess Writing and Art Contest will be open to all Black Shield Assassins
1. Participants must be a B.S.A. member.
2. All participants must sign name in red in this forum with legal statements releasing copyright permission to BSA
3. must be about chess
4. All submissions, must be your own original work.
5. All submissions must be clean enough for young readers, no sexual content, no profanity.
6. All submissions must have a title and, the author's or artist's name (or pen name)
7. BSA will try to include every submission but cannot promise. everyone who submits must also vote for 1st 2nd and 3rd place in EVERY category (poetry and songs, - book cover, - stories, - jokes and anecdotes and wise sayings, - puzzles and variations) they CAN vote for themselves, but should be fair, each category will have it's own winners.
8. puzzles need to be your own invention and they must include your own title and give your own description or analysis.
9. the book cover will have a title near the top and producers name near the bottom so try to include an area that allows for that. the book cover and title will probably have an assassin theme. all forms of images are allowable (sketching, painting, digital imaging, photography, etc...)
10. all written work must be submitted to falling-upwards by personal message or through whatever form of communication you work out with him, here is his homepage address:
11. all book cover submissions must be submitted to stratman by personal message or through whatever form of communication you work out with him, here is his homepage address:
12. start date is Aug. 22, 2009 end date is Nov. 1, 2009 then voting will be finished by the end of Dec. Publishing will start in Jan 2010.
13. you are encouraged to submit as many projects as you want, and it is an American privilege to campaign by asking your friends to vote for you, however you can only win once, and voters can only vote for one 1st one 2nd and one 3rd place in each category. The Voting forum will be available after Nov 1, 2009.
14. Everyone who submits a project to the contest must also vote, but we also hope that ALL the B.S.A. members will vote even if they do not submit a project, and only B.S.A. members will be permitted to vote, so if you want your friends to vote for you, have them sign up as a B.S.A. member first or else their votes will not be counted.
12/21/2014 - Mate in 2
by sdtmcn 4 minutes ago
Organised Drinking Session in a Brewery
by CTB754 4 minutes ago
Kaynight's fall and ressurection
by Sexy-Sunshine 5 minutes ago
ღ OFFICIAL 2014 Chess.com Awards ღ
by brumtown 8 minutes ago
Is chess a blood sport?
by Ellie47 8 minutes ago
Best White 1.d4 2. c4 player opening repertoire book
by NBKXX 11 minutes ago
I Just Don't Get It...
by Talfan1 12 minutes ago
by brumtown 12 minutes ago
The Power of the Intermediate Move
by miawesome2 15 minutes ago
Artificial Intelligence: Computers Judging OUR Play??
by CTB754 16 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2014 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!