Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Aronian versus Kramnik

• 3 years ago · Quote · #121

ivandh

I thought it was interesting though they settled up by exchanging everyone off at the end. Can't blame them as it was quite even.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #122

netzach

I found it absorbing-game initially. Was shame headed to draw latter stages but level & mirrored material so not surprised...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #123

slvnfernando

Different ways of looking at the same game!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #124

jesterville

aah...I missed this one due to business reasons...and knowing the result after is really no fun while playing through the finished game...looks like the usual Berlin stuff with a sure draw.With a point down, I expect K to press for the win in the next game with white.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #125

Charlotte

for a fleeting moment today i thought he was going to play the Scotch! haha!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #126

jesterville

It looks like Aronian is better prepared than K for these games...maybe more motivated? Both Carlsen and Anand are surely following these games, for different reasons...not overly impressed with these games so far, but still early I guess.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #127

jesterville

Well K only plays with white on two more occations...so it looks like Tuesday will be do or die for him...Aronian only has to draw the rest to win this match. My prediction for Tuesday will be K surprises everyone with 1.e4 or the English...he has to get Aronian away from his preparations...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #128

Scottrf

Crazy game to my inexperienced eyes.

What are the moves for 15? Nb4, Nd4, or Qc3 (winning pawn and bishop if he takes the knight?).

Does the queen move lose to Nd5?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #129

trysts

I just woke up and I see that Aronian is missing a queen!? I must get some coffee to understand what's going onLaughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #130

ChristianSoldier007

queen sac

• 3 years ago · Quote · #131

Scottrf

Did he play it to next remove whites bishop and have an unchallenged bishop pair on a very open board?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #132

trysts

This is a very interesting position at move 15! I'm glad I didn't sleep too late. Houdini evaluates the position as slightly favoring Kramnik, but it looks like a great game to followSmile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #133

trysts

Probably proving why I'm not any good at chess, I like Aronian to win this game, even though Kramnik is up a pawn.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #134

trysts

Wow! What a game this is! After 18 moves it's a R+Q for white vs a R+B+B+N for black!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #135

trysts

With each player having to complete 18 moves in about 25min, this is going to get crazier than it already is!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #136

Paddestoel

Hopefully it doesn't end with a rediculous blunder in a time crunch.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #137

trysts

Aronian down to six minutes...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #138

Paddestoel

Levon is failing in clock management, unbelievable!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #139

trysts

Houdini is evaluating the position at move 42, as +7.13!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #140

trysts

Wow! What a game! Kramnik wins and now the score is tied, 1.5- 1.5! Tomorrow is game four of this very exciting match, and Aronian has the white piecesSmile

Post your reply: