Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Aronian versus Kramnik

• 3 years ago · Quote · #221

StevenBailey13

I shall predict a sicillian with Kramnik emerging the victor.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #222

jesterville

I shall stay with my original thinking...and forsee a draw for the remaining two games. My rationale was based on game 4...Aronian had white, yet he played right into the Berlin, a well known drawish line. Seems to me that the fight is over...and it looks like more rapid to come...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #223

pwwaring

For anyone planning to watch Saturday that didn't already know, the last day starts 2 hours earlier than the first 5 rounds...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #224

Charlotte

thanks pwwaring, i would probably have missed that one otherwise, got the day off too

• 3 years ago · Quote · #225

jesterville

Looking forward to these two days...they will be the only times I will be able to see the postgame interviews. I am still at work now, will be done at about 7am...just in time to grab two hours sleep, and enjoy some chess...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #226

trysts

*Time to wake-up and get some coffee*

• 3 years ago · Quote · #227

trysts

Okay, game five has just started. They are playing a semi-slav defence, which is a variation of the queen's gambit opening. Very interestingSmile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #228

ChristianSoldier007

where can I see the press conference interviews?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #229

trysts

I think you can watch all past interviews at the end of the full commentary archives for this match, on this site:

http://www.livestream.com/kramnikaronian

• 3 years ago · Quote · #230

ChristianSoldier007

thanks trysts I heard Aronian spoke about g5 in the interview, saying he was trying to avoid a draw, which he managed to do

• 3 years ago · Quote · #231

trysts

This is a slow game, but slow is not bad. We're on move twenty. Everyone is commenting that this is a draw, at Chessbomb, but I've seen many decisive games at this level while eveyone is yelling draw. I find the game very interesting.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #232

ChristianSoldier007

are you watching the chess.com broadcast trysts?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #233

mrguy888

I can't because despite it saying that it is for all members, only premium members can view it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #234

trysts

No, I'm watching the moves on Chessbomb and the Zurich site. I actually have been following it on my chess board as wellSmile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #235

ChristianSoldier007

oh i forgot its only for premium. too bad they are saying its a draw

• 3 years ago · Quote · #236

trysts

I get these type of endgame positions a lot. I'm glad they're not drawing!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #237

trysts

This is a neat game! We're at time control, and the position has been quite complex. This has been quite captivating to me. I've only had one bloody mary in three hours, because I've been distracted by the gameLaughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #238

trysts

The commentators in Zurich are implying that if you offer a draw, and it is declined, then unsaid chess ettiquette is that you don't offer a second drawWink

• 3 years ago · Quote · #239

trysts

Okay then! It's a draw, so the score remains tied! The final game tomorrow and Aronian has the white piecesSmile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #240

Kingpatzer

Is a draw for the match more disappointing for one player over the other, or should they both be happy with a drawn match if that is the result? 

Post your reply: