Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Aronian versus Kramnik

• 2 years ago · Quote · #21

trysts

I think they moved the date for the next candidates tournament to 2013.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #22

theoreticalboy

Posts 23-27 are a truly staggering exchange of ideas.  I hope you two can slow down for us plebs in future.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #23

trysts

theoreticalboy wrote:

Posts 23-27 are a truly staggering exchange of ideas.  I hope you two can slow down for us plebs in future.

It seems like Hemingway dialogueLaughing

• 2 years ago · Quote · #24

jesterville

I also love matchplay, but I think 6 games are way too short for any result...I predict a draw...straight down the middle. I don't any of them will take any changes...since one lost means the match.

...glad to see that there are chess players who can also appreciate a good game of football also...Real Madrid all the way.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #25

trysts

jesterville wrote:

I also love matchplay, but I think 6 games are way too short for any result...I predict a draw...straight down the middle. I don't any of them will take any changes...since one lost means the match.

...glad to see that there are chess players who can also appreciate a good game of football also...Real Madrid all the way.

You don't think either player will play risky? This is the first match between two human players rated over 2800. Both players drew a lot during the candidates match last year. It's a chance for the winner to spark interest for a friendly match against Carlsen, I hope!Smile

• 2 years ago · Quote · #26

ChristianSoldier007

i wonder if kramnik will play the rio de janeiro

• 2 years ago · Quote · #27

trysts

Is that an opening?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #28

theoreticalboy

lol it's funny when people think the Royalists are going to finally beat Barcelona.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #29

ChristianSoldier007

a variation against the ruy lopez, was considered dubious until kramnik advocated it with some good results

• 2 years ago · Quote · #30

trysts

And Bracelona against Chelsea in a few days! I've never seen Chelsea play.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #31

trysts

ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

a variation against the ruy lopez, was considered dubious until kramnik advocated it with some good results

Oh yeah, the Berlin defence.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #32

theoreticalboy

They don't play, per se.  Just sort of hoof and barge and run.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #33

trysts

Laughing

• 2 years ago · Quote · #34

theoreticalboy

Or in the inestimable words of Eduardo Galeano:

"Playing seriously and playing in series, is that really playing? According to those who understand the root meaning of words, to play is to joke and health is when the body is as free as can be. The controlled effectiveness of mechanical repetitions, enemy of health, is making football sick."

And;

"These are days of obligatory uniformity, in football and everything else. Never has the world been so unequal in the opportunities it offers and so equalizing in the habits it imposes: in this end-of-century world, whoever doesn't die of hunger dies of boredom."

• 2 years ago · Quote · #35

trysts

theoreticalboy wrote:

Or in the inestimable words of Eduardo Galeano:

"Playing seriously and playing in series, is that really playing? According to those who understand the root meaning of words, to play is to joke and health is when the body is as free as can be. The controlled effectiveness of mechanical repetitions, enemy of health, is making football sick."

And;

"These are days of obligatory uniformity, in football and everything else. Never has the world been so unequal in the opportunities it offers and so equalizing in the habits it imposes: in this end-of-century world, whoever doesn't die of hunger dies of boredom."

Hmmm...I smoked one right before I started reading this. Is it about football?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #36

theoreticalboy

Yeah, or co-ed softball, my memory fails me.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #37

rnunesmagalhaes

NimzoRoy wrote:

(...) Classical time control will be used, with a new twist for the show – if the game ends in a draw in under three hours, the players have to play a rapid game (25 minutes with a 10 second increment). (...)

That sounds interesting, should be fun. I didn't know that 25/10 games counted as "rapid".

• 2 years ago · Quote · #38

jesterville

This so called "training match" is rated...so why should any of them play risky when one win could seal the match victory? There is no real incentive to risk it all...remember they both have already been paid to show up. If anyone does win, I think it will be because of a blunder rather than any risky play.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #39

CerebralAssassin

dunno who will win this...but am rooting for Aronian,the future world champ Tongue out

• 2 years ago · Quote · #40

AndyClifton

Eduardo Galeano's main source of inspiration:

Post your reply: