Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Aronian versus Kramnik

• 3 years ago · Quote · #161

netzach

Smile Good-luck (should work !)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #162

Twpsyn

So, who now thinks that Kramnik deliberately played like a monkey in that first game as a tactical ploy?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #163

netzach

I admired Kramnik today. Iron-psychology. No way could imagine playing that game against all the black-pieces today ! (& it took it's toll on Aronian in the end)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #164

Twpsyn

I unfortunately didn't get to see the game live today (work) but I went through the game after work. The Queen is a very powerful piece, but it was very impressive considering that at one point he was playing against a rook, a knight and a bishop.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #165

netzach

• 3 years ago · Quote · #166

theoreticalboy

Of course he would disagree; he's far too stupid to understand how big an idiot he is.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #167

netzach

Don't think chocolate pacifies him much...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #168

trysts

Twpsyn wrote:

So, who now thinks that Kramnik deliberately played like a monkey in that first game as a tactical ploy?

What?Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #169

ivandh

trysts wrote:
    Twpsyn wrote:

What?

It doesn't make any sense at all, monkeys have been banned from competition as they are far too talented.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #170

mrguy888

ivandh wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    Twpsyn wrote:

What?

It doesn't make any sense at all, monkeys have been banned from competition as they are far too talented.

I have heard that there are monkeys who have solved chess in another dimension or something.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #171

trysts

I've only heard about how monkeys can now type the complete works of Shakespeare.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #172

mrguy888

trysts wrote:

I've only heard about how monkeys can now type the complete works of Shakespeare.

There is a guy on this very site who writes better than Shakespeare. If only we all had honers classes.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #173

trysts

On this site? Who?Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #174

browni3141

trysts wrote:

And it only takes them an unimaginable amount of time.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #175

trysts

browni3141 wrote:
    trysts wrote:

And it only takes them an unimaginable amount of time.

And I guess they have to be in a room. I don't recall why they can't type in a tree.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #176

mrguy888

trysts wrote:

On this site? Who?

Some kid in CPOTM February. Did you miss the fabulous Ryan?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #177

trysts

Oh. RyanGarnerLaughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #178

ADChessplayer

amazing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #179

Joseph

someone wrote

"I've only heard about how monkeys can now type the complete works of Shakespeare."

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/no-monkey-business-typing-shakespeare-1092/

Complete works of Shakespeare?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #180

trysts

Game four of the K&A match has started a few minutes ago. Aronian is playing white, and we have our second Berlin defence of the Spanish opening. Kramnik is not invincible with that defence. I thought the second game of the match was quite tense when this opening was played, even though it was the only draw thus far.

We're on move 17, and Houdini evaluates the position as even. Could be a very interesting endgame. I really like endgames lately, so this suites me just fineSmile

Post your reply: