Forums

Carlsen > Kasparov

Sort:
JoeyHen

So, Carlsens live rating this month is up 10,7 points, and now he's 2836,7. Will he surpass Kasparov's record of 2851, and if yes, when will he?

Gm_andrewfeng
Ask him then
AndreiCalin

No matter what his rating will be, Carlsen will never be like Kasparov.

trysts

I'd say he will pass 2851 by February, 2012Wink

James_Bond_Fan

the modern chessplayer just plays computer prepared stuff. Players like Carlsen and even more Anand let computers do their homework. There is nothing genious in modern chess. On the contrary. Even a low rated player can predict what GM's are going to play next 10 to 15 move by just switching on their engine-kibitz. This chess is boring. The games of the Top-ten players bore me to death. You can agree or disagree, but even an amateur with a GM staff helping him could easy survive in a top tournament.

JoeyHen

Wow. You haven't been following London 2011 at all, have you?

alec40
James_Bond_Fan wrote:

This chess is boring. The games of the Top-ten players bore me to death. You can agree or disagree, but even an amateur with a GM staff helping him could easy survive in a top tournament.

If Seirawan chess were adopted as offical chess that would change the old game would come back and players would have to fight it out with their skills and intuition like they use to chess would become fun again.

It won't happen though any big shake up to the offical rules of chess like that would be met with fierce resistance from players who would fight to keep things the way they are.

Pfotographer