Gashimov Memorial, Round 2 is LIVE and Open to ALL MEMBERS!Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Chess Player of the Month April 2012

• 24 months ago · Quote · #941

netzach

• 24 months ago · Quote · #942

ivandh

Not quite. Although the proportions of leather, metal and skin are correct.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #943

trysts

In July of 2010, Atudor entered the contest just as any other nominee. One could not imagine in their wildest CPOTM nightmares, that that simple entry would be accompanied by an unstoppable campaign for votes, pages of deleted comments, the first CPOTM thread-lock, and the first CPOTM coup! To this day, it remains questionable whether or not it was entertainingLaughing

• 24 months ago · Quote · #944

AnthonyCG

trysts wrote:

In July of 2010, Atudor entered the contest just as any other nominee. One could not imagine in their wildest CPOTM nightmares, that that simple entry would be accompanied by an unstoppable campaign for votes, pages of deleted comments, the first CPOTM thread-lock, and the first CPOTM coup! To this day, it remains questionable whether or not it was entertaining

Depends on whether you went to beer-con first...

• 24 months ago · Quote · #945

TheGrobe

Emphasis on the con.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #946

trysts

AnthonyCG wrote:

Depends on whether you went to beer-con first...

Laughing

• 24 months ago · Quote · #947

netzach

• 24 months ago · Quote · #948

ilikeflags

nobody is voting then eh

• 24 months ago · Quote · #949

netzach

• 24 months ago · Quote · #950

Joseph-S

ProKnight double checking his figures.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #951

DalaiLuke

Xenia

• 24 months ago · Quote · #953

Joseph-S

Wake up, Proknight!  Who won?

• 24 months ago · Quote · #954

DalaiLuke

it's like a post-mortem honorary kinda thingy

• 24 months ago · Quote · #955

Twobit

No smoke from the chimney yet...

• 24 months ago · Quote · #956

trysts

This is why kids shouldn't have to go to school.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #957

trysts

LisaV wrote:
    trysts wrote:

In August of 2010, LisaV introduced for the first time in the history of CPOTM, a rare and ultimately dangerous weapon: Pictures of women in leather, carrying whips. Some "gentlemen" voted hundreds of times, as if their digits were out of control. It turned out to be a landslide victory for LisaV, with some people still believing that a person named Xenia won that month...

haha

I must take issue with your interpretation, though.  I won clearly because of my purity and innocence, not because of stuff like this:

Ha! I certainly voted for you because of your purity and innocence, but I'm not too sure that some of the men voted for Xenia's purity and innocenceWink

• 24 months ago · Quote · #958

theoreticalboy

Xenia also won the anti-coup regime vote, spoiling the expected ascension to the crown of the crony Doyle and causing the Tudor dictatorship to actually flee and form a short-lived secessionist regime, which existed mostly due to the proceeds of the corruption that would eventually lead to the execution of its leader.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #959

nweb99

trysts wrote:

This is why kids shouldn't have to go to school.

c'est la vie.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #960

trysts

To continue my personal view on the month-by-month history of this award...

In September of 2010, as previously mentioned, Atudor had started a coup. He created his own chess player of the month award with the prize being a membership to Chess.com, which he personally would pay for. Much chaos ensued, and bitter feelings spilled into September's actual CPOTM. Meanwhile, rather quietly, someone named Heinze nominated himself for the award. What followed was a slew of peeps voting for this unknown being, as if compelled by forces beyond themselves. Heinze became, and remains the first unseeded player to win CPOTM.

Post your reply: