Forums

Chess Player of the Month April 2012

Sort:
electricpawn

Jameson's on the rocks, anyone interested in joining me?

AndyClifton
DavidPuree wrote:

I quit my job to be eligible so why am I not on the official list? Now, I'm not only unemployed, I can't even claim my rightful award. Also, I no longer get to enjoy the benefits of my free diamond membership.

Hey, I thought I recognized you!  I see you around sometimes at the Former Titled Players Camp:

trysts

I'm a drink away from the spinsLaughing

theoreticalboy
electricpawn wrote:

I'm editing/sprucing up a paper for a friend, and I essentially disagree with everything she's saying.  I may need a drink once I'm done Tongue out

electricpawn
trysts wrote:

I'm a drink away from the spins

Lay down and put one foot on the floor!

corrijean

Jameson neat is pretty good.

electricpawn
theoreticalboy wrote:
electricpawn wrote:

I'm editing/sprucing up a paper for a friend, and I essentially disagree with everything she's saying.  I may need a drink once I'm done 

Rough duty.

trysts
electricpawn wrote:
trysts wrote:

I'm a drink away from the spins

Lay down and put one foot on the floor!

Laughing

theoreticalboy
electricpawn wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:
electricpawn wrote:

I'm editing/sprucing up a paper for a friend, and I essentially disagree with everything she's saying.  I may need a drink once I'm done 

Rough duty.

I told her outright I'm doing such a good job on this I feel somewhat compromised.  

Man, I am making this thing bounce, though...

trysts
theoreticalboy wrote:
electricpawn wrote:

I assume the paper is about the history of CPOTM. 

DrSpudnik

Dammit, I just opened another beer! (Boulevard Brewery's Pilsner)

theoreticalboy
trysts wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:
electricpawn wrote:

I assume the paper is about the history of CPOTM. 

The elections in Russia; so, only marginally less controversial.

trysts
DrSpudnik wrote:

Beer isn't "drinking", Doctor.

theoreticalboy
trysts wrote:
DrSpudnik wrote:

Beer isn't "drinking", Doctor.

Yeah, hence the "dammit"...

electricpawn

Once upon a time, one of my sisters had a boyfriend who thought he was the next Hunter S. Thompson. He wasn't. He kept giving me this insipid drivel to read. I finally told him how bad he was. He married the daughter of an English professor, and my sister is doing genetic research at the University of Iowa. The burden of an editor is great.

DrSpudnik

Laughing hic.

AndyClifton

Depends on the beer...

theoreticalboy
electricpawn wrote:

Once upon a time, one of my sisters had a boyfriend who thought he was the next Hunter S. Thompson. He wasn't. He kept giving me this insipid drivel to read. I finally told him how bad he was. He married the daughter of an English professor, and my sister is doing genetic research at the University of Iowa. The burden of an editor is great.

lol, that's pretty good.  I think my friend is already off sulking because I didn't hesitate to tell the truth Laughing

trysts
theoreticalboy wrote:

lol, that's pretty good.  I think my friend is already off sulking because I didn't hesitate to tell the truth 

Maybe she's saddened by how off base you were in your sprucing, theoreticalboyLaughing

theoreticalboy

That might make sense if I had actually shown her said sprucing Innocent