Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Chess Player of the Month April 2012

• 2 years ago · Quote · #841

Joseph-S

Joseph-S wrote:

To break the tie or not to break the tie, that is the question.  If I break the tie, I'm actually pushing one person off the stage.  If I don't break the tie, the person I'd choose gets in anyway.

Oh well, I have more time to savor this.

ProKnight said the suspense was killing him ... or something to that effect Wink, so here goes; to sum up everything I know about the two contestants, it comes down to a pretty face or a neck beard.

Charlotte_212

• 2 years ago · Quote · #842

DrSpudnik

April's almost over. I can't believe this snoozefest is still croaking along.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #843

Joseph-S

DrSpudnik wrote:

April's almost over. I can't believe this snoozefest is still croaking along.

Well, it's not as if we had something better to do.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #844

Ruby-Fischer

Charlotte_212

• 2 years ago · Quote · #845

DrSpudnik

Is there no beer left in the fridge?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #846

AnnaZC

Charlotte_212

• 2 years ago · Quote · #847

Joseph-S

It looks like it's Charlotte vs kco.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #848

proKnight98

Since kco is safe from this next round of elimination round (due to him winning the Head of Nominees competition), now vote for either:

Charlotte_212      13

NimzoRoy     11

Congratulations Charlotte_212, you are going to advance on to the final round of voting! 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #849

proKnight98

Now, it is time for the final voting round. Only list members and past winners will vote for this one.

List:

AfafBouardi

Atlantischess

Boletus_CZ

ciljettu

Charlotte_212     

Conquistador    

Count_Rugen

DrSpudnik     

electricpawn     

Estragon     

Firepower8

fricklefrat     

Gonnosuke

HessianWarrior

jonden07

Joseph-S     

kco     

Malko

NimzoRoy     

Ouachita

Pfren

ratatouie

theoreticalboy     

wafflemaster

woodshover

These aforementioned people, and past winners, will vote for the winner of CPOTM April from the cadidates:

kco

Charlotte_212

They each have one vote, and must MESSAGE me their vote (not post in forum), or else their vote will not be counted (no second tries). Voting ends May 1 11:59 PM Pacific. Remember, list members and past winners, you are voting for a winner.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #850

TheGrobe

This new voting format is a big commitment for all of us to stay on top of each month.  I think I liked it better when there was only a nomination round and a voting round.

I've completely lost track of what's happening, but it could be because I've been drinking....

• 2 years ago · Quote · #851

TheGrobe

Easily remedied, my friend.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #852

proKnight98

TheGrobe wrote:

This new voting format is a big commitment for all of us to stay on top of each month.  I think I liked it better when there was only a nomination round and a voting round.

I've completely lost track of what's happening, but it could be because I've been drinking....

Would it help if I posted the voting rules in the first post? I could also try to make the voting a bit simpler.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #853

TheGrobe

The second one -- what was that again?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #854

TheGrobe

I think that there's a key element you're on to that's nipped the lobbying in the bud but that a bunch of the rest is extraneous and confusing.  Cut the fat from the lean and you've got a winner.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #855

ilikeflags

wait.  who votes?  (lulz)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #856

AnthonyCG

snakesbelly wrote:

I was not drinking but wish I was

Don't all of your opponents bring sherry?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #857

Joseph-S

• 2 years ago · Quote · #858

Joseph-S

• 2 years ago · Quote · #859

Joseph-S

So much for the voting picture I was going to use.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #860

Twobit

I still believe it is an unfortunate, chimeric process: on the front end everyone is free to vote for 2-3 cycles, but at the end the winner is decided by past winners, MOST OF THEM ELECTED BY AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PROCESS. So it is part general election, part selection of a Supreme Court. I would not call this democratic. One should not be deterred from true democracy due to the presence of lobbying. A vote is a vote.

Post your reply: