Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Chess Player of the Month April 2012

• 24 months ago · Quote · #862

malko

It's now like a papal conclave

• 24 months ago · Quote · #863

ilikeflags

as it should be.  most of you aren't smart enough to know.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #864

DalaiLuke

this has got to be one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever been witness to ... I can't think of a close second.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #865

HessianWarrior

DalaiLuke wrote:

this has got to be one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever been witness to ... I can't think of a close second.

Then you haven't looked at very many.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #866

ilikeflags

DalaiLuke wrote:

look pal, a few of us already had you sussed out, but now you're really doing yourself in.  

• 24 months ago · Quote · #867

zborg

DalaiLuke wrote:

What planet do you hail from?  CPOTM is the premier training ground for posting in all the other "general discussion" threads.  As a hot topic, it is only overshadowed (temporarily) by the thread "gg battle: a must read."

It's the closest thing to a perpetual motion machine so far developed on Chess.com, so post derogatory comments at your own risk.  You have been warned.  Laughing

• 24 months ago · Quote · #868

DalaiLuke

(off to go check out gg battle and contemplate the meaning of life :)

• 24 months ago · Quote · #869

trysts

DalaiLuke wrote:

Unbelievable. I think that comment is insubordination, or sedition, or something like that.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #870

DalaiLuke

trysts, just a simple question ... what exactly is the degree of seriousness here?

• 24 months ago · Quote · #871

ilikeflags

DalaiLuke wrote:

trysts, just a simple question ... what exactly is the degree of seriousness here?

come on dude

• 24 months ago · Quote · #872

trysts

DalaiLuke wrote:

It's like a Master's degree in seriousness. 

• 24 months ago · Quote · #873

ilikeflags

seriously

• 24 months ago · Quote · #874

ilikeflags

• 24 months ago · Quote · #875

TheGrobe

trysts wrote:
    DalaiLuke wrote:

It's like a Master's degree in seriousness. 

I just checked -- I'm only three degrees of serious away from Kevin Bacon!

• 24 months ago · Quote · #876

DalaiLuke

Okay, I'm stepping back from the ledge ... not sure if that's good or bad news :)

• 24 months ago · Quote · #877

ilikeflags

welcome back

• 24 months ago · Quote · #878

theoreticalboy

My friend does that at uChicago.  Why is it always Asian chicks who offer something as stupid as free hugs?

• 24 months ago · Quote · #879

trysts

We've had some of the best chess players in the world win this award. After winning the award some recipients have quit chess altogether, having fulfilled all goals. Some winners have nervous breakdowns, embarrassing meltdowns, month-long crying episodes, and shocking alcoholism(sorryEmbarassed). This award has seen cheating, usurpation, and suspiciously good manners. Maybe it's the price of purity... 

• 24 months ago · Quote · #880

TheGrobe

trysts wrote:

We've had some of the best chess players in the world win this award. After winning the award some recipients have quit chess altogether, having fulfilled all goals. Some winners have nervous breakdowns, embarrassing meltdowns, month-long crying episodes, and shocking alcoholism(sorry). This award has seen cheating, usurpation, and suspiciously good manners. Maybe it's the price of purity... 

I'll say it again: it's not my fault I'm Canadian, but, well, sorry anyway.

Post your reply: