Forums

Chess Player of the Month April 2012

Sort:
DalaiLuke

Okay, I'm stepping back from the ledge ... not sure if that's good or bad news :)

ilikeflags

welcome back

theoreticalboy

My friend does that at uChicago.  Why is it always Asian chicks who offer something as stupid as free hugs?

trysts

We've had some of the best chess players in the world win this award. After winning the award some recipients have quit chess altogether, having fulfilled all goals. Some winners have nervous breakdowns, embarrassing meltdowns, month-long crying episodes, and shocking alcoholism(sorryEmbarassed). This award has seen cheating, usurpation, and suspiciously good manners. Maybe it's the price of purity... 

TheGrobe
trysts wrote:

We've had some of the best chess players in the world win this award. After winning the award some recipients have quit chess altogether, having fulfilled all goals. Some winners have nervous breakdowns, embarrassing meltdowns, month-long crying episodes, and shocking alcoholism(sorry). This award has seen cheating, usurpation, and suspiciously good manners. Maybe it's the price of purity... 

I'll say it again: it's not my fault I'm Canadian, but, well, sorry anyway.

ozzie_c_cobblepot
zborg wrote:
DalaiLuke wrote:

this has got to be one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever been witness to ... I can't think of a close second.

What planet do you hail from?  CPOTM is the premier training ground for posting in all the other "general discussion" threads.  As a hot topic, it is only overshadowed (temporarily) by the thread "gg battle: a must read."

It's the closest thing to a perpetual motion machine so far developed on Chess.com, so post derogatory comments at your own risk.  You have been warned.  

I refuse to read the 932 new comments waiting for me in the gg battle thread.

ilikeflags
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:
zborg wrote:
DalaiLuke wrote:

this has got to be one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever been witness to ... I can't think of a close second.

What planet do you hail from?  CPOTM is the premier training ground for posting in all the other "general discussion" threads.  As a hot topic, it is only overshadowed (temporarily) by the thread "gg battle: a must read."

It's the closest thing to a perpetual motion machine so far developed on Chess.com, so post derogatory comments at your own risk.  You have been warned.  

I refuse to read the 932 new comments waiting for me in the gg battle thread.

dude, don't worry.  it's a pile of shit.

DalaiLuke
theoreticalboy wrote:

My friend does that at uChicago.  Why is it always Asian chicks who offer something as stupid as free hugs?

free hugs are serious business, you couldn't leave it to an amateur from northern Europe ... it requires experience, a sense of style, but most of all nice firm ones.

zborg
ilikeflags wrote:

welcome back

What's in her teeth?

DalaiLuke

self-roll?

heinzie

kco

ilikeflags

it's a lolly

TheGrobe
ilikeflags wrote:

it's a lolly

Lolly.

DalaiLuke wrote:

self-roll?

Gagger.

netzach

TheGrobe

Telly.

TheGrobe

"Who loves ya, baby?"

netzach

Savalas is pure...

DalaiLuke
TheGrobe wrote:

"Who loves ya, baby?"

suddenly this whole voting thing makes perfect sense

theoreticalboy
DalaiLuke wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:

free hugs are serious business, you couldn't leave it to an amateur from northern Europe ... it requires experience, a sense of style, but most of all nice firm ones.

My point exactly; when one thinks "Asian girls," the associative thought is rarely "buxom chest."

DalaiLuke
chrisr2212 wrote:

strange one

that would be strange, indeed, as pairs are surely the norm