Forums

Chess Player of the Month February 2012

Sort:
proKnight98

Do you know someone who needs to be mentioned? Well you've come to the right place. Join this month's Chess Player of the Month for February 2012! (aka CPOTM) The rules are that you can nominate anyone on chess.com for whatever reason. Whether it would be friendly, humor, or personality, they can be nominated. However, please try to keep is positive about your nominated person.

Each person can nominate up to two members. You HAVE TO SAY why you want to nominate he/she or you will be ignored. If a member that you want to nominate has already been nominated, do not say: "I second the nomination!" or "I etc. the nomination." However, you can say another reason why you think that person should be nominated. I cannot be nominated. You cannot nominate yourself. Those who have won the other CPOTM contests cannot be nominated again again. Also, in order to be a candidate, the candidate must have logged on to chess.com no more than one month before the current month on the thread.

The past winners are:

veggiegirliehaddad56deckers1066Alan_TudorLisaVheinziegoldendogilikeflags,

AndyCliftonblackfirestorm666batgirlbigpoisonKacparovechecs06TheGrobe, pdela,

oinquarki, corrijean, ozzie_c_cobblepot, trysts, kohai, chess_kebabs 

so they cannot be nominated again. It follows the same rules as the other Chess Player of the Month forum topics I have posted. 

To make voting and nominating easier for me, please keep posts or parts of posts related to nominating and voting in red.

As for the voting rules, we will be vote on the last week(s) of this month, depending if we have a lot of nominated members or not. You will have two votes and can vote for yourself. However, you can't use both your votes for the same person. Both votes do not need to be used. Once you cast your vote, it is final. No changing votes. Also, I want to make it clear that there is no advertising to vote for one member for it will not be fair for the member(s) not advertised. Advertising includes:

1. posting on forums, blogs, notes, etc. to ask people to vote for a nominated person(s)

2. messaging members to ask people to vote for a nominated person(s), cannot be detected clearly, but will be suspicious

3. as simple as posting the link to this forum and posting a username with the link ("link" playerA!!!)

If you do advertise, you will be blocked until the end of this month AND next month, and the nominated player you have advertised will be removedfrom the list.

I want to make it clear that I do understand that I cannot control one's actions from advertising, but at the same time, they should always take a look at the first post of this thread. From now on I will not be responsible for your actions, so beware. "Spamming" will be taken seriously so if you "spam", you will be blocked after one warning until July 2012. This includes:

1. posting irrelevant pictures

2. posting irrelevant videos

3. trolling

Finally, all of you have to know that this is for fun and it is just a game.The purpose is to meet new members, create new friends, and see the personalities of the people around chess.com. It might be a popularity contest, but in the past, I have seen members nominate new members to chess.com who they thought were amazing friends. Feel free to send me personal messages about any ongoing problems. The winner will receive a trophy for winning this month. 

It is now February so get ready to nominate! Any questions?

IMPORTANT NOTICE! CHESS PLAYER OF THE MONTH WILL OFFICIALLY END JULY 2012! THESE LAST MONTHS ARE GOING TO BE THE LAST CHANCES TO WIN. 

THERE WILL BE NO PRIZES FOR JULY 2012 AS THERE IS TOO MUCH CAMPAIGNING, PROBLEMS, AND TROLLING. SORRY.

ozzie_c_cobblepot
Good call on no prizes. I nominate theoreticalboy, because he really deserves a nomination. And I nominate star_egypt, because I liked that stuffed animal animated gif.
trysts

Just being named CPOTM is a prize in itself!Laughing

Okay, there has been a lot of poop under the bridge, but it's a brand new CPOTM!  I will have my own silent moment of hope, for even more drama this monthWink

Pawnpusher3
This is going to be great :)
trysts
Pawnpusher3 wrote:
This is going to be great :)

We can't get too excited, Pawnpusher3. We still need a coup, some rule-breaking, and complaints to the Chess.com staff to officially make all our wishes come true for this month!Laughing

Pawnpusher3
Lol trysts, it happens every month. CPOTM is a great title to have too :)
proKnight98

List:

star_egypt

theoreticalboy

Pawnpusher3
I nominate trysts for a great attitude :)
goldendog
Pawnpusher3 wrote:
I nominate trysts for a great attitude :)

She's already a weiner.

Pawnpusher3
Your right, my bad
PrawnEatsPrawn

I nominate kco because he's okay, in small doses.

kco

I'll nominate wafflemaster for his great insight and help to the other chess players with thier games in the Game Analysis section. 

kco
PrawnEatsPrawn wrote:

Undecided hmmm...... Smile thanks.

trysts

Ethical dilemma! Should I nominate someone worthy of this incredibly rare title, or a possible coup leader sure to amuse the Chess.com community??Laughing

proKnight98

List:

kco

star_egypt

theoreticalboy

wafflemaster

goldendog

Not getting a kick to the groin.

kco
Count_Rugen wrote:

What were the previous prizes?

getting tattoo on your forehead which said "CPOTM"

trysts
Count_Rugen wrote:

What were the previous prizes?

Brazilian wax.

PrawnEatsPrawn
kco wrote:
PrawnEatsPrawn wrote:

hmmm......  thanks.

Hey, any time you need a character witness.....

(just don't expect to get off)

ilikeflags

i nominate Count_Rugen for trying so hard and still not being very good at it.