Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

childish behaviour

• 2 years ago · Quote · #21

TrentTucker

im not sure where to send a report about that specifically. you can always block that user and you wont have to deal with it anymore. theres plenty of players here :D although, honestly, its not like people are likely to be polite. most of the time when i play a game i say "good game" afterwards and no one responds back politely if at all. theres always going to be excuses people have to be rude. better just to move on and practise good behavior yourself :D or just block them and be all angry, lol :D

• 2 years ago · Quote · #22

TrentTucker

for the people complaining about disabling chat, there are plenty of reasons to disable chat. ive disabled chat myself and had someone message me about it complaining that i was rude because of this. in fact, i disabled chat because i see so many players being rude when i have chat on. i say good game after a match and they walk away. i try and talk after a game and make polite conversation, and they get upset or walk away. the list could go on. currently i have chat on, but i doubt it will stay that way forever. sometimes i feel like chatting...sometimes i dont. maybe its me...maybe its because of rude players. thats no reason to make assumptions people :D i understand how this sport can get people upset. attempt to rise above it if possible so we can make this a better place for all of us to play :D

• 2 years ago · Quote · #23

_IronButterfly_

I agree with you, Trent. :)  For the first time here, I just disabled a chat with an opponent.  HowEVER..this was my 2nd game w him/her, and this time because I refused to accept as friend, he was very rude and called me a pitch.  (YES, i know it's not spelled right).  :P  

I don't want to hear how someone is 9 yrs old and and !!! continuously and acts up.  I think it's a great option here and if someone wants to get upset about that, then so be it.  I've had the same thing happen to me for wanting to make comments during a game, which was my hint that they wanted SILENCE to think.  That works too!  :) Let it be..no matter what.

PLaY ChESs.   :)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #24

_IronButterfly_

Correction to above..2nd time.  I don't want to stretch the truth. Innocent

• 2 years ago · Quote · #25

DrSpudnik

Oh god, not this thread again!!!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #26

Stampnl

you could have ONE "name and shame" thread about disconnecting users

• 2 years ago · Quote · #27

_IronButterfly_

kohai wrote:

calico, you can chat with anyone, but you have to be on their friends list to use the voice chat tool.

Voice chat tool?  Didn't know there was one!  

• 2 years ago · Quote · #28

Pawnpusher3

Go to help and support and then click contact us. From there, you can file for member abuse

• 2 years ago · Quote · #29

SonofaBishop67

A lot of my opponents in live chess disable their chat, and it doesn't bother me at all. It would be absurd for me to take it personally every time I played someone with chat disabled. Based on some of the things complete strangers have said to me during live games, I can understand why people would want to disable chat. It is a handy feature to use if one is playing with a friend, but while my clock is ticking I also would prefer not to be distracted with idle chat Wink

In regards to the OP, Bobk, there just seems to be no avoiding the 'abandoned game', no matter what chess site you play on. I agree it is annoying, but I accept it as an inevitability and soon forget about it.Cool

Post your reply: