Forums

CPOTM May 2012 cont.

Sort:
theoreticalboy

Is this just because I make fun of the Cubs so much?

electricpawn

Joe Rickets was going to run those Jerimiah Wright adds. Did you hear about that? Makes me a lot less enthusiastic about paying $40 to park and $8 for a beer.

theoreticalboy

No, I didn't.  I only really mentioned that because I went to my first Cubs game last night, and had fun cheering against all the Wrigleyvillers :D

electricpawn

they call it rounders where you're from, yes ?

theoreticalboy

Hah, I played rounders in middle school; it's a kid's game, not close to the difficulty level of hitting a baseball.

Ruby-Fischer

CONQUISTADOR

AlCzervik
theoreticalboy wrote:

No, I didn't.  I only really mentioned that because I went to my first Cubs game last night, and had fun cheering against all the Wrigleyvillers :D

I hope you didn't spend so much time cheering against the die hards that you missed the ambience. Rooting against the Cubs is easy. Going to Wrigley and not enjoying the atmosphere is blasphemous. I think you need to go to a day game. 

Charlotte

AnnaZC

ozzie_c_cobblepot
TMIMITW wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:

I hope you didn't spend so much time cheering against the die hards that you missed the ambience. Rooting against the Cubs is easy. Going to Wrigley and not enjoying the atmosphere is blasphemous. I think you need to go to a day game. 

I hereby declare my intention never again to vote for theoreticalboy in any contest whatsoever.

That is all.

proKnight98

Congratulations to

List:

AnnaZC     3

Conquistador     4

electricpawn     5

Estragon     1

theoreticalboy     2

for advancing to the next round of voting!

Now, we will vote for a HON, which stands for Head of Nominees. This person has the power to select two people on the list for elimination. However, one of those members selected for elimination will stay via a vote-off.

This is currently step number two on the first post, which we are following. Remember, vote for a new Head of Nominees, you have one vote! Voting ends May 19th 11:59 PM Pacific!

corrijean

theoreticalboy

Eris_Discordia

Estragon

electricpawn

Estragon!

Joseph-S

*Nothing to do now, but wait.*

Twobit

We could always try to have the thread locked again...Post irrelevant pictures...Insult each other...Have ourselves blocked...Just to be busy, relevant, helpful & nice.

theoreticalboy
TMIMITW wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:

The ambiance that consists of people behind me talking about Game of Thrones and "soccer," people in front talking about how great the peanut guy threw a bag, interspersed with occasional non-rousing cheers when something actually happens?  Nah, I've been to see real sports before Tongue out

theoreticalboy

God I hope not, I'm investing too much in wanting Chelsea to lose (and it'll assuredly be their fault if it is boring).

However, anyone who watched the Madrid - Munich semi-final and still claims futbol is more boring than baseball is clearly out of their mind.  Probably literally, since I gather the only reason to actually watch baseball is to get drunk and glance at the action occasionally.

ivandh

I thought that was what footbawl was about? Drink, sing songs and moan about the other team's flopping.

This, on the other hand...

is a real sport.

theoreticalboy

Ice hockey has enough elements in common with futbol that I actually understand it (it's the movement mostly).  The fact that the puck spends so much time on the sides of the rink makes it occasionally tedious, though at its best it is pretty wonderful.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Baseball is interesting if you like watching, and are intrigued by, the pitcher/batter dual. If you are just waiting around for hits and runs, then it's interesting far less often.