18724 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Strange but mostly-totally true facts about IM Danny Rensch –
- Danny did not invent the blues, the guy he crushed on the board did.
- Danny once played the King’s Gambit, since then it has been known as the Rensch Smack-Down
- Before Danny Internationally Mastered Chess he had only mastered it in several rural counties and both North and South Dakota.
- FIDE has officially banned the term “Ouch-Town” after Kasparov overheard him saying it when he beat him in a game.
- The Death Match used on Chess.com was inspired by Danny’s actual Death Matches in the 1995 Documentary film – Mortal Kombat (Seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJabP7XzZ30 )
- Not only has Danny mastered Chess but he is also Arizona’s Bobsledding champ and 3 time reigning cross country ski champ (this is mostly due to lack of snow and only Danny show up to the event – but hey in his words, “Still Counts Baby!”
- Danny’s favorite band is – The Black Keys (This isn’t a joke just a great band)
- Danny favorite drink is Scotch – or was that the opening – I’ve got it – Danny only plays the Scotch when he drinks it – which is fairly often.
- Lastly, the song by DJ Khaled “All I do is Win” was written about Danny and is now on a constant play-loop on his iPod during games. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPluXq_hko ) This post is meant for fun - anyone else have any "Facts" about the Rensch-dog feel free to add them!
Forgot one - Danny briefly traveled to Italy and joined the Mob to learn the Sicilian. After figuring out that most mobsters #1 Do not play chess, and #2 Only play the Najdorf anyhow - he went back to the U.S. - Italian athorities are still looking for a guy named Ranny Densch - any information should be forwarded to the Italian Consolate.
Well I don't know a lot about this guy but his commentating skills are great. And he has a personable voice. Kinda like Joe Rogan of sorts.
Danny has had the knight + bishop ending only once in his career. He managed to win --- with the lone king.
I heard Danny uses a modified Bongcloud opening
In the infamous Chuck Norris "Checkmate" photo, Danny was the one playing black and in fact the one stating "Checkmate." Despite having lost as white and before his first move, Chuck wasn't even mad.
can barely stand not getting my Thursday bullet brawl fix this week. Come back soon, Mr. Rensch.
Dan inspired many of the chess related entries on urbandictionary.com.
Post your best miniatures here
by DarkVlader a few minutes ago
What would be the rating of a top chess player in the late 1800s today
by patzermike 3 minutes ago
3/6/2015 - Kasparian - Manvelian, Erevan 1939
by smellster 8 minutes ago
IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT ME!!!
by g-man15 11 minutes ago
Smart and Pretty - Top 10 Prettiest Female Chess players
by stuzzicadenti 13 minutes ago
Finding a way against 1.d4
by Alejandro88 17 minutes ago
Why Can't I Win?
by Jion_Wansu 17 minutes ago
by Alejandro88 18 minutes ago
by BMeck 21 minutes ago
1000 Worst Places to Play Chess
by millionairesdaughter 23 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!