Forums

I need help

Sort:
Ryan_Davidson

How should i go about in studying to teach my brain how to think chess, I can play entire blindfold games and win OTB without writing down the moves (stared at a blank board and against an oppenent that is weaker). I did it to test my "analyzing vision" as ive heard it put. I have the abilty to think many moves ahead (most was 54 moves blindfolded) but I still have trouble thinking chess.

I taught myself as a kid from scratch nd never was showed anything. Maybe its the reason i lack the skills to think how im supposed to. Any books, or anything recomended? If Ruiz is an impossible question to answer I apoligies for making you waste your time reading this lol. Im much much stronger OTB than I am on here. For some reason my mind cant grasp the position from a 2d image, or even 3d chess. Aome reason cant play on a computer. I seem to always play better OTB. Lol sometimes ill set up a real board when I play online and do the moves on both.

Scottrf

Perhaps you should try looking at the board.

paladin64

If you can do what you indicate you are 99.5% ahead of anyone who is likely to answer you on this forum. I struggle at 1800-1900 with very hard work and I couldn't play a tree without a board and win.  If I could play one gane against anyone without a board I'd be humbled. You don't really expect anyone here to help do you? Analyzing vision? Sounds  like a info commerical - come on, chess is just hard work for most people but FUN. Grab a good book like My System and join the real world.

Ryan_Davidson

the opponenet i played blindfolded i normal crush in normal play. blindfolded against around same skill as me id get crushed maybe around move 10-15 if i cant hold complete concentration and not loose where pieces are camped. Only reason I learned blindfold so early is cause I figure in the long run (if in my lifetime I ever reach high elo) it would help me analayze on a board many different variations since OTB play you cant move the pieces, quickly analyze in your head. 

Now I just need to learn what to analyze and how to understand positions better. Guess the only real way to get better in chess in to deeply analaze your played games to find your mistakes.

AndyClifton

No, you do not have the ability to think 54 moves ahead. lol  Nobody does.

netzach

If chess fries your brain try Snooker?

AndyClifton

After all, you can get snookered (but nobody ever got chessed).

Ryan_Davidson

i didnt say think 54 moves, I said my longest succesful blindfold game was 54 moves. Playing blindfold helps (or at least me) analyze better. Lol if I could think 54 moves ahead in any situation id be better than carlsen, but no I meant longest I have gone playing moves in my head was 54 moves. In that game my longest analyze of a plan in a tactical situation at best was prob 3 moves ahead, so not very great at all.

paladin64

I think your time would be far better spent on just learning chess. There is plenty to challenge you there.  

Yaroslavl
Ryan_Davidson wrote:

How should i go about in studying to teach my brain how to think chess, I can play entire blindfold games and win OTB without writing down the moves (stared at a blank board and against an oppenent that is weaker). I did it to test my "analyzing vision" as ive heard it put. I have the abilty to think many moves ahead (most was 54 moves blindfolded) but I still have trouble thinking chess.

I taught myself as a kid from scratch nd never was showed anything. Maybe its the reason i lack the skills to think how im supposed to. Any books, or anything recomended? If Ruiz is an impossible question to answer I apoligies for making you waste your time reading this lol. Im much much stronger OTB than I am on here. For some reason my mind cant grasp the position from a 2d image, or even 3d chess. Aome reason cant play on a computer. I seem to always play better OTB. Lol sometimes ill set up a real board when I play online and do the moves on both.

Try only looking at the notation on the right side of the board.  Pretend that you are playing a blindfold game.   

From what you describe it is your eyes constantly relaying the static position on the board to your brain that is interfereing with your visualization of future moves in your brain.