Forums

What has Garry Kasparov contributed for Posterity?

Sort:
sco-ish

I am just wondering what Garry Kasparov has done that contributes to posterity for our society?

Nizman

Nothing he should get his aggresive genius ass back on the chessboard :)

trysts

He made chess pretty well known. He probably contributed to the society of professional chess players making more money. He constantly promotes chess which is not a bad thing to promote.

MyCowsCanFly
sco-ish wrote:

I am just wondering what Garry Kasparov has done that contributes to prosperity for our society?

He did those historical, Deep Blue games. It proved there are loop holes in the Laws of Robotics.

trysts

How does that make society prosper, MyCows?

MyCowsCanFly
trysts wrote:

How does that make society prosper, MyCows?

OP said "Posterity" in the title. I think that has something to do with rear ends. Now that I re-read it, he asks about prosperity for posterity. Since I didn't understand it, I answered a different question. However, the Deep Blue games did promote chess for a bit. Perhaps, that promoted prosperity for posterity.

Mandy711
[COMMENT DELETED]
trysts

Hilarious! That would be posterior. His job was sitting down for hours, so it probably didn't help his posterior.

MyCowsCanFly
trysts wrote:

Hilarious! That would be posterior. His job was sitting down for hours, so it probably didn't help his posterior.

Wink

trysts

Actually Nizman wants Kasparov to put his posterior on the chess board?! I don't know if that would help?

Nizman

He is legend

Nizman