Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

what is the elo rating of Bobby Fischer??


  • 2 years ago · Quote · #1

    GM_DoMiNg

    I just what to know what is the elo rating of bobby fischer..

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #2

    ivandh

    It's over 9000!!....

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #3

    goommba88

    Since he is dead, that would be zero sir

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #4

    SonofPearl

    There is a great deal of evidence that ratings have been inflating since the 1980's. On the July 1972 FIDE rating list, Bobby Fischer's rating was 2785 - a full 125 points ahead of Boris Spassky, the 2nd highest rated player. No-one has had a dominance like that since then. Cool

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #5

    GM_DoMiNg

    thank sir lornazgul.. :)

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #6

    GM_DoMiNg

    thank you SonofPearl.. :)

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #7

    NXST

    GM_DoMiNg wrote:

    I just what to know what is the elo rating of bobby fischer..

    The highest rating of Bobby Fissher was 2785 in 1972.
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #8

    hakim2005

    2785

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #9

    Amateur_lavallois

    It seems to me that the most important is not his Elo rate ...
    Like SonofPearl wrote , for me the most important fact was his "full 125 points ahead of Boris Spassky"

    Cool

  • 21 months ago · Quote · #10

    ezra4moso

    Although international ratings were just introduced in 1970, Chessmetrics.com has used modern algorithms to rank performances retrospectively and uniformly throughout chess history. According to the Chessmetrics calculation, Fischer's peak rating was 2895 in October 1971. His one-year peak average was 2881, in 1971, the highest of all time. His three-year peak average was 2867, from January 1971 to December 1973—the second highest ever, just behind Garry Kasparov. Chessmetrics ranked Fischer as the number one player in the world for a total of 109 different months, running (not consecutively) from February 1964 until July 1974.[368]

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #11

    negotiate

    WHOA CHESSMETRICS.COM eh ezra4moso? so he didnt break 2900 by 5 pts?  give him 29er sir!

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #12

    negotiate

    its all he'll be getting anytime soon

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #13

    linuxblue1

    You need to ask:

    The ferryman of the river Styx

    The Cerberus guardian of the ninth gate of hell

    Elvis

    Death from The Seventh Seal

    Hamlet

    Only these people know Bobby's ELO rating. Perhaps a Shaman could put you in touch with them. Unfortunately there is no telephone number for them; they operate in a murky netherworld that's only known to the mystics.

    Good luck with it. If you find his Elo please tell us. And tell Elvis "Is it like your Blue Hawaii movie?" up there.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #14

    ivandh

    I think Bon Scott is running Hell now, you can reach him at 36-24-36.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #15

    Conflagration_Planet

    0. He's dead.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #16

    AndyClifton

    ezra4moso wrote:

    Although international ratings were just introduced in 1970, Chessmetrics.com has used modern algorithms to rank performances retrospectively and uniformly throughout chess history.

    Yeah sure...whatever you say.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #17

    Conflagration_Planet

    AndyClifton wrote:
    ezra4moso wrote:

    Although international ratings were just introduced in 1970, Chessmetrics.com has used modern algorithms to rank performances retrospectively and uniformly throughout chess history.

    Yeah sure...whatever you say.

    I've been meaning to ask you, is fricklefrat, or how ever you spell it, still around?

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #18

    AndyClifton

    SonofPearl wrote:

    On the July 1972 FIDE rating list, Bobby Fischer's rating was 2785 - a full 125 points ahead of Boris Spassky, the 2nd highest rated player. No-one has had a dominance like that since then.

    Still, that can be looked upon as a bit of a fluke of the time period too.  After all, in January 1989 Kasparov led the league at 2775, and Karpov was second at 2750.  The next guy on the list (Short) clocked in at 2650.

    You can only establish such a dominance as long as you don't have some other genius breathing down your neck. Wink

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #19

    AndyClifton

    Conflagration_Planet wrote:
    I've been meaning to ask you, is fricklefrat, or how ever you spell it, still around?

    Yes, he informs me that he is now sweatyknickers (don't blame me for that; it was his idea, not mine).

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #20

    Conflagration_Planet

    AndyClifton wrote:
    Conflagration_Planet wrote:
    I've been meaning to ask you, is fricklefrat, or how ever you spell it, still around?

    Yes, he informs me that he is now sweatyknickers (don't blame me for that; it was his idea, not mine).

    That IS weird.


Back to Top

Post your reply: