Forums

what is the elo rating of Bobby Fischer??

Sort:
SundayDomingo

I just what to know what is the elo rating of bobby fischer..

ivandh

It's over 9000!!....

goommba88

Since he is dead, that would be zero sir

SonofPearl

There is a great deal of evidence that ratings have been inflating since the 1980's. On the July 1972 FIDE rating list, Bobby Fischer's rating was 2785 - a full 125 points ahead of Boris Spassky, the 2nd highest rated player. No-one has had a dominance like that since then. Cool

SundayDomingo

thank sir lornazgul.. :)

SundayDomingo

thank you SonofPearl.. :)

hakim2005

Amateur_lavallois

It seems to me that the most important is not his Elo rate ...
Like SonofPearl wrote , for me the most important fact was his "full 125 points ahead of Boris Spassky"

Cool

ezra4moso

Although international ratings were just introduced in 1970, Chessmetrics.com has used modern algorithms to rank performances retrospectively and uniformly throughout chess history. According to the Chessmetrics calculation, Fischer's peak rating was 2895 in October 1971. His one-year peak average was 2881, in 1971, the highest of all time. His three-year peak average was 2867, from January 1971 to December 1973—the second highest ever, just behind Garry Kasparov. Chessmetrics ranked Fischer as the number one player in the world for a total of 109 different months, running (not consecutively) from February 1964 until July 1974.[368]

negotiate

WHOA CHESSMETRICS.COM eh ezra4moso? so he didnt break 2900 by 5 pts?  give him 29er sir!

negotiate

its all he'll be getting anytime soon

gaereagdag

You need to ask:

The ferryman of the river Styx

The Cerberus guardian of the ninth gate of hell

Elvis

Death from The Seventh Seal

Hamlet

Only these people know Bobby's ELO rating. Perhaps a Shaman could put you in touch with them. Unfortunately there is no telephone number for them; they operate in a murky netherworld that's only known to the mystics.

Good luck with it. If you find his Elo please tell us. And tell Elvis "Is it like your Blue Hawaii movie?" up there.

ivandh

I think Bon Scott is running Hell now, you can reach him at 36-24-36.

Conflagration_Planet

0. He's dead.

AndyClifton
ezra4moso wrote:

Although international ratings were just introduced in 1970, Chessmetrics.com has used modern algorithms to rank performances retrospectively and uniformly throughout chess history.

Yeah sure...whatever you say.

Conflagration_Planet
AndyClifton wrote:
ezra4moso wrote:

Although international ratings were just introduced in 1970, Chessmetrics.com has used modern algorithms to rank performances retrospectively and uniformly throughout chess history.

Yeah sure...whatever you say.

I've been meaning to ask you, is fricklefrat, or how ever you spell it, still around?

AndyClifton
SonofPearl wrote:

On the July 1972 FIDE rating list, Bobby Fischer's rating was 2785 - a full 125 points ahead of Boris Spassky, the 2nd highest rated player. No-one has had a dominance like that since then.

Still, that can be looked upon as a bit of a fluke of the time period too.  After all, in January 1989 Kasparov led the league at 2775, and Karpov was second at 2750.  The next guy on the list (Short) clocked in at 2650.

You can only establish such a dominance as long as you don't have some other genius breathing down your neck. Wink

AndyClifton
Conflagration_Planet wrote:
I've been meaning to ask you, is fricklefrat, or how ever you spell it, still around?

Yes, he informs me that he is now sweatyknickers (don't blame me for that; it was his idea, not mine).

Conflagration_Planet
AndyClifton wrote:
Conflagration_Planet wrote:

Yes, he informs me that he is now sweatyknickers (don't blame me for that; it was his idea, not mine).

That IS weird.

Apoapsis

It depends on the opponent. Against a live opponent, the deceased Fischer always finds himself in time trouble and loses. Against a likewise dead player, Fischer scores about 50%, regardless of opponent rating.