Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Who would win?


  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1

    ivandh

    We often wonder how the old chess legends would fare against the top players of today. So what about two chess greats of their time, Boris vs. Fritz?

    Obviously, Boris is behind on opening theory but Fritz relies on powerful computers that were not available in Boris' day. If you level the field in these two respects who do you think would win?

    (this is funny btw)

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #2

    oinquarki

    ivandh wrote:

    (this is funny btw)


    Laughing

    +1

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #3

    ivandh

    oinquarki wrote:
    ivandh wrote:

    (this is funny btw)


     

    +1


    Well, in the past I've had threads where people didn't get it. I got half a page of people telling me not to ask for advice on a current game when I was down by 23 points.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #4

    DrSpudnik

    Who would win in a fight between a beaver and a porcupine?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #5

    oinquarki

    ivandh wrote: Well, in the past I've had threads where people didn't get it. I got half a page of people telling me not to ask for advice on a current game when I was down by 23 points.

    Wtf? What is that? - three bishops and fourteen pawns?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #6

    oinquarki

    DrSpudnik wrote:

    Who would win in a fight between a beaver and a porcupine?


    Chuck Norris.

    (ircleverlol)

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #7

    ivandh

    oinquarki wrote:
    ivandh wrote: Well, in the past I've had threads where people didn't get it. I got half a page of people telling me not to ask for advice on a current game when I was down by 23 points.

    Wtf? What is that? - three bishops and fourteen pawns?


    Bishops, knight, rook, queen, and the possibility of losing the exchange as an alternative to the forced mate in 9. There may have been a discrepancy of a few pawns but it escaped my attentions. The game was one of my first with the Bongcloud and I was not accustomed to handle its potency.


Back to Top

Post your reply: