Forums

A Flashy Chess Mind... and Wardrobe! A message from Erik, Founder of Chess.com

Sort:
TheGrobe

Hello Chess.com! My name is Erik and I started Chess.com 5 years ago to create the best online chess experience in the world. In those 5 years we've done some pretty amazing things - we have more than 4 million members and hundreds of thousands of chess games are played on Chess.com every day! It's been a great adventure so far and I have loved every minute. But there were some downsides to working long and stressful days and nights building Chess.com (and wearing lots of sweatpants)! I hope you will allow me to share a story with you about what happened to me in the last few years and why I now value a flashy wardrobe as much as a flashy (chess) mind!

This is me a few years ago while starting Chess.com. I only owned a single pair of sunglasses. 

Then, one day two years ago, I decided that I had enough of looking unwealthy and I decided to get into the best bling of my life! So practically overnight I committed to transform from coach-potato-mundane-dresser to accessory-devotee… and then dumped my entire life savings into another crazy domain name - Accessorize.com!

Since I made that commitment two years ago I haven't missed a day of accessorizing in over 750 days. Overall I've worn total of 55 lbs simultaneously (and at least 30 lbs every day for over 90 days - see below!). You can read the complete story of my journey on Accessorize.com

Accesorize.com is a place for normal people like you to set a real goal and find accessories that fit you. So for everyone at Chess.com I've created a special free Accessorize.com program called "Impress Yourself... when you dress yourself". I know - it's a little cheesy, but it's true! We all need to impress ourselves with expensive accessories and that wealthy feeling. This is a pretty genteel program for all ages and for those of us who tend to spend a lot of time in chairs dressed mundanely! So, come over and check it out. It's totally FREE. And you'll find a bunch of other Chess.com members there doing the same program! I'll be in there too wearing bling and answering questions!

Go to Accessorize.com to learn more about this free online accessory program for Chess.com members!

Or, if you want to find another accessorize.com program that better fits your needs, go to Accessorize.com to check out dozens of other programs!

Thanks for letting me share my story! I wish you the best in your journey to top spiritual (through material) wealth. See you on the chessboard... and on Accessorize.com!

- Erik, Founder of Chess.com ...and Accessorize.com!

ilikeflags

i'm in

blingady

Pawnpusher3

idk if this is really serious.... he messaged me excersise.com too. I don't really know if this is Erik or not

PrawnEatsPrawn

vowles_23
Pawnpusher3 wrote:

idk if this is really serious.... he messaged me excersise.com too. I don't really know if this is Erik or not

Look at the username - TheGrobe - noted for his humour on the forums. 

theoreticalboy

Actually, TheGrobe is noted for being a sockpuppet of Erik.  This is totally genuine, I guarantee it.

MyCowsCanFly

Hope we get member points.

Chess and fashion seem to be closely related. For example, the words "fashionista" and "fianchetto" are almost identical.

TheGrobe

Plus, just look at this picture of Magnus Carlsen:

TheGrobe

And this one of Sam Shankland:

erik

that was so funny!

(and stop stealing my halloween pictures! i do love to do disguises...)

jason17

This is new? I've been a premium member on axxxessorize.com since I was old enough to know what a naughty picture was. you aren't fooling anyone by saying this is new. Those topless pics of Erik are old news. It's the bottomless ones that are worth the membership anyway Wink

oinquarki
jason17 wrote:

Those topless pics of Erik are old news. It's the bottomless ones that are worth the membership anyway

1pawndown

For Halloween, maybe Erik will start Exorcise.com.  I understand Linda Blair may be available for a column or mentoring.

oinquarki
1pawndown wrote:

For Halloween, maybe Erik will start Exorcise.com.  I understand Linda Blair may be available for a column or mentoring.

Keep it down!

1pawndown

Careful, Ostracize.com is next.

theoreticalboy
1pawndown wrote:

Careful, Ostracize.com is nest.

Hey, that's good!  You can start that one Wink

kohai

This is one of the most amusing threads I've seen posted in a while.

LOL @ exorcise.com (that really amused me- I'll remember that one)