Forums

Accused of Chatting!

Sort:
TheGrobe

I've been playing here for a while now, and this is the first time this has happened to me:

While playing a game, recently, and having what I thought was a pleasant and civil conversation with my opponent he suddenly initiated the following exchange:

Him: Boy, you sure are a chatter, aren't you.
Me: Pardon me?  I'm not sure I know what you mean?
Him: Chatting, you seem to do it a lot.
Me: Whoa, hang on, are you accusing me of something here?
Him: Slow down, fella, I just meant to say that you're a bit of a chatterbox.

Well, at this point I resigned the game in disgust.  The last point in particular I felt was uncalled for; clearly implying that I chat with computer assistance.

Has anyone else experienced this?  How did you handle it?  At this point I'm a little concerned he might report me to chess.com for chatting, and even though I know I've not done anything wrong, I can't help but wonder if chess.com will see it the same way.

Should I be worried?  Will chess.com think I'm a dirty rotten chatter and a liar to boot?

johnmusacha

Haha.  Very nice.

-waller-

I read the thread title wrong and was halfway through the post before I realised what this was. Doesn't that say it all!

I generally limit my chatting to TLAs (three letter acronyms) like ggs, lol, ffs, you know, so that I don't get accused of such heinous crimes. Often my opponent does not even know what I am trying to say, which is how it should be. If I ever come across a coherent opponent I immediately suspect them of using computer assistance to chat.

malko

Come on, man. Admit you were using Chatini 1.5

MSC157

God dammit, I chat with computer assistance too...UndecidedLaughing

Good one though!

MSC157
malko wrote:

Come on, man. Admit you were using Chatini 1.5

Hahaha, or Chytka! :D

red-lady

I would run before Kohai walks in Laughing

pdela

this TheGrobe is unique, he keeps spaming us and yet he success to be a respected member here. I could imagine the mocking if I had initiated this thread

wbilfc

@TheGrobe: Are you for real? I'd be happy to get through each day only having been called a chatterbox! Did he hurt your sensitive side  :0(

pdela
wbilfc wrote:

@TheGrobe: Are you for real? I'd be happy to get through each day only having been called a chatterbox! Did he hurt your sensitive side  :0(

don't talk him like that, he is gay chessplayer

azziralc

He's just trying to annoy you. Why resign?

wbilfc

@pdela: explain please?

@nyLsel: He's not annoying me, I found it quite amusing. Is he a wind up?

netzach

Chess is a wonderful game where you can compete against the mind of another.

Don't chat yourself and your opponent by letting someone else or something else speak for you. Play your own game. Then when you win, you'll be proud of your victory. The empty feeling of "winning" against your opponent when letting your computer talk for you is hollow and pathetic.

We actively police chatting and are always improving our detection methods. If you feel you have been chatted, please. 

contact support

wbilfc

Oh right, is that what you call it?

Aletool

wierd stuff

bigpoison

Anybody can see whom you played in your last game.

As far as I'm concerned, this amounts to naming and shamming.

ILBCNU
bigpoison wrote:

Anybody can see whom you played in your last game.

As far as I'm concerned, this amounts to naming and shamming.

Laughing You're one to talk (no, really you are)

AnnaZC

http://www.chatting.com/

Conquistador

I bet the TheGrobe was using chatroulette to get validation of his moves.

BigFatDaddy55

I started to use Axe Sport.....it still didn't help my chatting or my game...............