Forums

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

Sort:
knightchaser

Analyze mode can't move pieces around!!! Bugsss!!! Bring the old format back!! 

elxan

good in general but can you make chat moves and other tabs contents height same so that the buttons at bottom desnt move up and down while changing them

Josechu

To get to the Daily Puzzle I used to use the option on the Learn menu. That seems to have gone now and the only way I found to get to the Daily Puzzle was from the Chess.com Home page, which is not so easy to get at, right at the bottom of the page.

Sorry if I'm being dim.

khervey

I don't like the new, put it back the way it was, or give us a choice.

In the meantime, where is the "go to the next game" button?

Vivinski

Since this is used as a general 'new lay-out' thread...

I kinda like it, just think the old one was a bit clearer as in overview. Maybe tweek that a bit, some texts a bit smaller, placement of certain things etc.

shequan
knightspawn5 wrote:

You can still create themes.  It still there...

yes themes is still there, however, you can no longer control all the colors of everything (certain hovers, certain content) and you can no longer choose the font you like best. uhhh.......I really liked Times New Roman....did I mention this?....I don't remember.

gourmat

something that is gone and you cant show me a hidden button where it pops up is the overview of different posts/topics/blogs on the main page, now I can see just one random of each category, where before I could choose from different, one random main, and a few others from a smaller list, I want that back!!! :) and no, clicking on few them all is not an option, because I just want so simply check the main page if there is something interesting and not clicking through 4 subcategories - just a constructive feedback :)

dkeith

When I click on a member's online chess profile, I no longer see the 'My Games Against" Box. Am I missing something?

m8ed

This new layout and it's sudden delivery sucks; must be the worst thing, since the beginning, that chess.com has done! Thanks for destroying my page guys! Too much too fast and poorly (if at all) publicised!

Now where should I look to find 'help and support'  to sort this mess I'm left with???

blackfirestorm

http://www.chess.com/groups/notes/chesscom-redesign-feedback

ken1947

I've been offered a draw but can't find where to accept it. What was wrong with the old design?

khervey

What does the green square mean?

Speaking of colors, I am color blind, and can bearly see the red to know if it is my turn 

AndTheLittleOneSaid
khervey wrote:

What does the green square mean?

Speaking of colors, I am color blind, and can bearly see the red to know if it is my turn 

It means the person is online.

gabrielconroy

FWIW I like it. It does seem a little too big, and the old layout I found easier to navigate, but then I was much more used to it. This one is a much cleaner design.

chess_kebabs

I don't know why this new format was brought in before all the issues were ironed out as it's causing a lot of confusion and frustration with some features we  previously had now appearing to have disappeared. There are clearly a lot more members not liking the new look or functionality vs. those who do.

I hope it's temporary that we have the new site up and the old site will be brought back up automatically for those who prefer it, at least til the new site has been refined.

jazpearson
dkeith wrote:

When I click on a member's online chess profile, I no longer see the 'My Games Against" Box. Am I missing something?

I can't find this information either.......

mixi3

I can find everything... but I would like some tiny change... :) On online games list, it would be better if clicking on tournament name would lead to tournament page, instead to a game page - especially because there is already link that lead to game page.

c_plus_plus

m8ed you think what you say is more important than what other says ?

batgirl

I agree. This is terrible and totally unnavigable.

Elroch

admin names, and names of members in lists are hidden. All that's left are whatever pictures people choose as their icon. Crazy!