Forums

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

Sort:
blackfirestorm
kborg wrote:
Martin_Stahl wrote:

Found the quote button.  Thanks.

The post numbering is almost invisible.  Some of us are colorblind.  And the contrast is too weak.

Once the themes are sorted back out you can adjust them to suit your needs

Ziryab
paul211 wrote:

Where is the chess home page with all f the latest news on chess games and comments?

Glad you got rid of the 4 leaf clover color, not really attractive as I mentioned 2 years ago and as well glad that you followed some of my color scheme colors proposals.

The issue with all programmers is that they make all kinds of changes and most for the better but they never ever document changes. Example where do I find the home page in the new lay out. Where do I find the profile of a member?

Really like the fresh bigger screens and the color scheme.

On the downside programmers do not make any crosslink reference to the old lay out

I would suggest that the next 6 months be spent on the old site lay out links and giving the new site links.

How to do this is to start with using the old top bar links and drop down menus and give a direct connection to the new site links.

How does this benefit members and chess.com?

Well this would free Erick personally to spend countless unproductive hours to redirect members to the new links and can take a well deserved vacation.

I you do not agree with me fine, as a technical manager everything I did had to be spelled out precisely and correctly as otherwise the dyeing formulations and other formulations did not work. I personally was on the floor to be sure that all of the new instructions and procedure(s) was/ where followed to the “T”

The only change I opposed to is to show on my home page the posted notes as a priority feature. Is this site not about chess?? And if then the home page still should about current chess games,

I like this text. Why does a single post appear with serifs, and the others have that awful font?

zborg

The records of the game times and outcomes have returned to Live Chess.

That's a big improvement since this morning.  Smile

Thanks.

theriverman

friend list, ASAP

gabrielconroy

Why is everyone so concerned about their friends list being public? Also, I much prefer most parts of the new design - looks a lot cleaner and modern, although it could definitely still be improved. I'm sure the guys are working on suggestions and tweaking it in mind.

One thing I'd like improved is the layout of my home page - like others have said, having the notes so prominent doesn't make sense. While I like having the game boards visible, it would be nice to be able to switch between that view and an option like "View as List". What would be cool would be if the home page were modular, so people can drag and arrange the elements how they wish.

carpeliam

The "logout" link is INCREDIBLY misleading. I thought I was closing that little box (because that's what 'x's usually do). Please either use a less overloaded icon or just use the text "log out", it's not overly verbose.

Also, if I have multiple games where it's my move, I want to be able to choose which game to play, not brought to the first game. Clicking on the "Your move!" link should bring me to the list of games. (I actually had to click around to find my other game... was it on my "Home" page? No... Out of all the things that should be easy on chess.com, it should be easy to find my chess games.)

blackfirestorm
carpeliam wrote:

The "logout" link is INCREDIBLY misleading. I thought I was closing that little box (because that's what 'x's usually do). Please either use a less overloaded icon or just use the text "log out", it's not overly verbose.

Also, if I have multiple games where it's my move, I want to be able to choose which game to play, not brought to the first game. Clicking on the "Your move!" link should bring me to the list of games. (I actually had to click around to find my other game... was it on my "Home" page? No... Out of all the things that should be easy on chess.com, it should be easy to find my chess games.)

I have my settings set so that it goes straight to the "my online page"

http://www.chess.com/home/echess_settings.html

About half way down the page you have the option of it to go to the online games page so you can choose which game to go to. Plus if you actually switch the view back to the list

http://www.chess.com/echess/myhome.html   (above the games you are playing) it doesn't actually change anything back from the old version

blackfirestorm
sarsaila wrote:

I don't know how to find "my groups and teams". In my case, a link to the cheating group would be just enough :)

Thanks.

If you hover your mouse over "my home" it shows you the link to your teams and groups

arkyarky9

Is average time per move stll on my opponents' profile pages?

mike2aces

I play numerous online games at once.  I used to be able to look at a position and decide not to make a move yet by clicking on the "go to the next game" (or something like that, how quickly we forget), and look another of my games.  How do I do that now without backing out, getting to all of my games and picking one?

Zhane
erik wrote:

If you can't find something in the new design that you used to know where it was in the old design, ask here and we'll show you how to find it!

Erik
Chess.com 

I cannot find the "status" we used to have on the old version... where is it?

carpeliam
blackfirestorm666 wrote:
carpeliam wrote:

I have my settings set so that it goes straight to the "my online page"

http://www.chess.com/home/echess_settings.html

About half way down the page you have the option of it to go to the online games page so you can choose which game to go to. Plus if you actually switch the view back to the list

http://www.chess.com/echess/myhome.html   (above the games you are playing) it doesn't actually change anything back from the old version

It looks like you're talking about the settings for Move Preferences, "after moving", but that's where I get redirected to when I've played a move in a game, not what happens when I click on the "Your Move!" link in the top navigation, that brings you to http://www.chess.com/echess/goto_ready_game.html.

Da-Nee

Since this thread was labeled as "Can't find something in the new design? Ask here!"  Where is the button to turn off the sound effects when a move is made?????  I find this new "feature" especially annoying when working through an analysis when I might make a bunch of moves in a short time.

I really don't expect a reply or that the noises will go away, but thought I should voice my displeasure nonetheless.

clms_chess

How do you edit the status message?

erik
EGBDF wrote:

Since this thread was labeled as "Can't find something in the new design? Ask here!"  Where is the button to turn off the sound effects when a move is made?????  I find this new "feature" especially annoying when working through an analysis when I might make a bunch of moves in a short time.

I really don't expect a reply or that the noises will go away, but thought I should voice my displeasure nonetheless.

right here: http://i.imgur.com/98Aon.png :)

corrijean
clms_chess wrote:

How do you edit the status message?

Go to Home, Account, Online Chess Settings.

gabrielconroy
gabrielconroy wrote:

Why is everyone so concerned about their friends list being public? Also, I much prefer most parts of the new design - looks a lot cleaner and modern, although it could definitely still be improved. I'm sure the guys are working on suggestions and tweaking it in mind.

One thing I'd like improved is the layout of my home page - like others have said, having the notes so prominent doesn't make sense. While I like having the game boards visible, it would be nice to be able to switch between that view and an option like "View as List". What would be cool would be if the home page were modular, so people can drag and arrange the elements how they wish.

I don't know if this has changed since I wrote that, or if I just didn't notice it, but you can switch between the board view on the Online Chess page, and the old list view.

There's a couple of graphical buttons at the top right - the left one (an array of boxes) is the board view, and the right (stacked lines) is the old list view.

corrijean

I'm finding quite a few things that work fine in Firefox, but don't work in IE.

One example is the toggling between list and grid view for games mentioned above. Another is group chats.

corrijean

Is that your dinner?

ivandh

Where is the open bar?