Forums

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

Sort:
knightspawn5

All true.  Hope you will get an answer soon.  Sounds useful....

chess_kebabs

Thanks Terry, as I said it's not an issue that needs urgent addressing.. just some images I had stored there I no longer have on my hard drive.. trashed them..

rigamagician

In one of these threads, erik said they were having trouble with the image library, and so decided to take it out.

chess_kebabs

Ok, thanks Riga.

netzach

Tiny mice have vanished ? (& taken the images with them !)  Smile

RumbleTumble
chess_kebabs wrote:

Terry, you're not listening to what I'm saying :)

YES, I can do that too, can grab images off my desktop.. but the images library itself has vanished.. the chess.com library that we are able to create within chess.com through uploading and storing images here.. option to retrieve images from there is gone.

If you are talking about what I think they called the advanced picture management Babs, then I do believe I remember them saying that was removed to save memory or something.

chess_kebabs

Rigamagician answered it for me Geoff...

netzach

Any idea of the strain on servers of image-library that size? Is not chickenfeed that's for sure...

chess_kebabs
netzach wrote:

Any idea of the strain on servers of image-library that size? Is not chickenfeed that's for sure...

Yes I can imagine Aidan. Like I said earlier, it was handy  but I can manage without it, :)

netzach

Me too. Let's remain adaptable & willing to embrace (some) new-change :)

chess_kebabs

These little things don't bother me.  There are other issues which bother me a lot more. 

e.g. Now in vote chess games, before if you didn't vote for ACCEPT DRAW it meant you didn't accept the draw. Now if you don't click on REJECT DRAW your vote is taken as you accept the draw automatically even if you don't click on accept draw. It should be the other way around. Many teams are going to get caught out with this which will be very costly and irreversible if the games are tournament games. A team could be cunning here and try to sabotage games who knows this new little 'trick' and offer a draw in a game they are losing on the hope of catching out their unsuspecting opponent. Already one team was caught out in the Speed Vote Chess Tournament. They did as they always did, didn't click on ACCEPT DRAW assuming it meant the draw would be rejected as it always was in the past. But because 1 player out of the 5 clicked on ACCEPT DRAW and the other 5 players didn't click on REJECT DRAW the draw was accepted.

There was no warning given to teams of this new change, and many are going to get caught out. Not good!

netzach

There are a few gltches VC Babs. Was unaware of that one !

Also someone asked me what is % for '' Vote For Draw '' to be accepted & sent to opponents ? 40% or 50% ??

Anyone know ?

Chess rules behave like accountancy (IRS, Inland-Revenue, Income-Tax). If  '' loop-hole '' exists will be ruthlessly exploited :)

chess_kebabs

Also this has just been reported  by a tournament director of a major Team Match tournament:

"This is not going to be pretty.  The new site seems to have an even narrower data column than the old one, and even pasting in IE doesn't fix it.  So the team list will paste but the pairing boards won't."

His job just got harder not easier.  

chess_kebabs
netzach wrote:

There are a few gltches VC Babs. Was unaware of that one !

Also someone asked me what is % for '' Vote For Draw '' to be accepted & sent to opponents ? 40% or 50% ??

Anyone know ?

It  used to  be a minimum of 50% for the draw acceptance to pass and 60% to resign, from memory.

oldtimerchessguy

I am having trouble playing with my Blackberry....I cant resize the board except to make it larger and half the moves I want to make I cant...occasionally I will be able to move a pawn one square by attempting to move it 2...and knight moves are just bizarre...

This started around mid week after their most recent "upgrade"

chess_kebabs

The first move I wanted to make with my iphone, after the upgrade, was a Knight move and it kept misbehaving and refusing to go where I kept trying to place it, so I gave up playing on my phone... for  now.. 

DeepGreene
chess_kebabs wrote:

The first move I wanted to make with my iphone, after the upgrade, was a Knight move and it kept misbehaving and refusing to go where I kept trying to place it, so I gave up playing on my phone... for  now.. 

We are working toward a more mobile-friendly site in the very near future... but for making moves in your games, you can't beat the iPhone app. 

chess_kebabs
DeepGreene wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

We are working toward a more mobile-friendly site in the very near future... but for making moves in your games, you can't beat the iPhone app. 

Thanks Michael. Look forward to the day can play hassle free on my phone. :D

I did notice before the upgrade I could zoom in and zoom out on pages, so could see the whole page for easy/quick navigation but that option vanished with the upgrade, but I've heard many say the same thing so will this problem also be able to  be fixed eventually? As it's a  bit of a pain to have to scroll down so far all the time to see new messages and new comments, for example.  Am patient to wait but wondering if this problem/bug can and will also  be fixed in the future?

rigamagician
chess_kebabs wrote:

As it's a  bit of a pain to have to scroll down so far all the time to see new messages and new comments, for example. 

As I've mentioned, even on a PC monitor at a screen resolution of 1024x768, there is a whole lot more scrolling involved now.  Games and links to the group forums etc. are now down below the fold.  Fortunately, the analysis board problem seems to have been fixed.

chess_kebabs
rigamagician wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

As it's a  bit of a pain to have to scroll down so far all the time to see new messages and new comments, for example. 

As I've mentioned, even on a PC monitor at a screen resolution of 1024x768, there is a whole lot more scrolling involved now.  Games and links to the group forums etc. are now down below the fold.  Fortunately, the analysis board problem seems to have been fixed.

I know, I'm having to scroll much more on my 23" monitor as well..   definitely was easier/quicker to navigate around before.

Went to search for a friend before, the search window used to be above the list of friends, now it's below the list of unaccepted friend requests sent to  me.. well I have 424 unaccepted friend requests, as always preferred to ignore than to hit decline, was more subtle... so that's a  LOT of scrolling now required... keeping search windows at the top for anything/everything was and is ideal for ease. 

Really missing the old site's quicker navigational features.