Forums

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

Sort:
knightspawn5

Google Chrome....  I have the utube code on my About Me as well, but was trying to download it on my profile. That didnt work.....

knightspawn5

So, Deep Green, how did you get ot to do more than the code.  I'm not getting the video?

DeepGreene

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are saying in your last two posts, but...

I went to my edit profile screen, jumped into the editor at the bottom, hit the YouTube button.. a dialog asked me for a "code," and I pasted in the YouTube URL.

That was it. I saved my changes. I just did it again, and used Chrome this time.

knightspawn5

Ill give it another try...

WiJi

Still not working with my android tablet. Not with chrome and not with opera. Can somebody from chess.com check on it and reply??

knightspawn5 wrote:

WiJi wrote:

on the top when you click Forums once you get a rolout of different options like unread topics etc. But there is no option to go to the forum in general and see what the ub fora are.Only if you type in the url chess.com/forum you get the overview . a(nother) lack of the new design i geuss

I clicked on the link and saw what you were talking about, I went up and clicked on forums and got the same page.  Not sure what you mean. A drop box come down when you put your cursor on it.  Put your cursor on forums and click that and the page comes up. 

kohai

I did report an issue on the uploading of video's on homepages. It is currently being fixed. A small glitch on it was found. Shouldn't be too long :)

gambit-man
kohai wrote:

I did report an issue on the uploading of video's on homepages. It is currently being fixed. A small glitch on it was found. Shouldn't be too long :)

and how long for all the other glitches?

knightspawn5

Thanks kohai, mine isnt letting me put the video on, just the url code.  

knightspawn5

Those pesky little glitches......

DeepGreene
WiJi wrote:

Still not working with my android tablet. Not with chrome and not with opera. Can somebody from chess.com check on it and reply??

Yes, same for iOS Safari.. Several of the Menu header links are not working on mobile browsers yet.

_IronButterfly_
DeepGreene wrote:
knightspawn5 wrote:

Mine isnt holding a utube image either.  I see the picture go in but when I click save changes and go back to look, nothing is there....

I just did it on my "About Me"... seemed to work fine. What browser are you using?

First, thanks alort knightpawn for checking also, appreciate it! 

@Deepgreene, I use Google crome (tyvm).

Naakija

I managed !  Sinking that embed code and there it is @ my HomePage !

WiJi

Longing even more for the old design now... cant you make a mobile version of the site like other professional sites do?

DeepGreene wrote:

WiJi wrote:

Yes, same for iOS Safari.. Several of the Menu header links are not working on mobile browsers yet.

_IronButterfly_

Okay..it seems the summit button doesn't always work right now. I'm getting use to alot of changes but my moves summited before I even hit the button, which is what I have in my settings. (no, I don't have my cursor close to the summit button). 

Sometimes I make moves before I hit summit just to think it through some, but maybe with this new format, I can't? Let me know, I don't need to make EXTRA bad moves during my games. Smile  Thanks!

chess_kebabs

Summit wrong there. Smile

gambit-man

lol, you're not wrong babs

chess_kebabs
gambit-man wrote:

lol, you're not wrong babs

Wink

_IronButterfly_

Submitting a video of : A Journey to the Summit Peak in honor of my new spell checker, Chess-kebabs!  Thanks!  :)

netzach

Good summition ! Smile

_IronButterfly_

Net..I really liked the word, "summitting" better, but thought I'd be corrected again. lol