Forums

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

Sort:
knightspawn5

@ Streetfighter

! !? ?! ,  you may have to create them from your keyboard.  I don't remember id they had a menu for these or not....

Terry

DeepGreene
streetfighter wrote:

I haven't got the will to wade through 35 pages here but....

....is there a way to add !, !?, ?! etc symbols when writing articles/game notes? I'm sure there was a menu for this before but it seems to have disappeared?!

Apologies if it's been asked/answered already.

streetfighter

I can still see them... during the "Enter Moves" step: http://grab.by/di10

Are you seeing something different?

knightspawn5

I see it to now, its the drop down arrow.....

DeepGreene

Seems fine. I saw the same thing as in the pic I posted above, and sent you the results as a message. ;)

gambit-man
DeepGreene wrote:
gambit-man wrote:

very odd, i've just noticed (although i'm not sure how long it's been this way) that on my blog page, all my blogs have changed their titles, all to "gambit-man's blog".

isn't it time the old format was brought back until a workable version of the new format can be ready? it's a whole month now...

Since last night. Now fixed! Thanks.

Of course, given everything that's happened in that "whole month," the notion of going back to the old format has gone from "unthinkable" to downright "impossible."

Not to mention "undesirable"! ;)

something that worked has got to be more desirable than something that doesn't.

just tonight i posted a message in my OTB club's group, to be met with comments that the video i had added was just a continuous loading video (i.e. the video doesn't actually load). the odd thing with that is there had been no attempt by me to put a video (or any other graphic) in the post. i tried editing it out, but there was no video there to edit out.

things are getting worse, not betterFrown

RyanGarner

How do you use the chat room feature?

Philip6Esq

I always log in using the log in with facebook procedure and in Firefox, Mac, using Tiger, that option cannot be selected. It works in Opera.

Friend sent me an interesting game he played on chess.com. I opened it and opened the explore function to study the game from the point it diverged from masters' play. Wouldn't open.

I can do that right, use the explore function on someone else's game?

DaveyJonesArrr

Appolgies if this has been asked before, but I don't have time so sift through 35 pages of mostly nonsense. All I want to know is if I'm the only fool who can't see my own games in the game explorer.

DeepGreene
DaveyJonesArrr wrote:

Appolgies if this has been asked before, but I don't have time so sift through 35 pages of mostly nonsense. All I want to know is if I'm the only fool who can't see my own games in the game explorer.

No you're not the only one. :)

The good news is that A. we're working on it, and B. when it comes back, it will include data from your career in Live Chess as well.

Knightvanguard

I can find the little green square that indicates someone is online, but I don't know why it sometimes turns yellow.  Why?

knightspawn5

The Yellow means they are in live chess at that moment.  

Knightvanguard
knightspawn5 wrote:

The Yellow means they are in live chess at that moment.  

Thank you.

Naakija

How about orange ?

knightspawn5

Orange and/ or Yellow means the same thing, they are in live chess.  He may see yellow on his computer.  Only Green means they are online here, any other color means live chess.....   

jimstaplja1

how do i add video or pics to my profile with the new format

knightspawn5

staplja1  The same as you did in the old format.  There is a problem with videos for some of us, it wont download utube.  I can download images. Videos, I still cant.  They are aware of the problem and are going to fix it soon.   At least thats what I have heard.  Some of us can download videos and some of us still cant.  Hope this was helpful...

knightspawn5
Dwf49 wrote:

I cant find the daily puzzle? It a premium feature now? Thanks again for keeping a free version this is so great!!!

It's at the top of your homepage under the tab, " Learn "  Click on that and look in the first colum, it's right under Computer workout....

winerkleiner
chess_kebabs wrote:

Summit wrong there. 

Ha good one!

It sounds like some premature Summittime fun!

Alp65

I vote for the old design.  Its a bothersome trend that many website developers seem to think "different" is "better."   Changing the UI design is annoying, and such changes should only be made if the user can optionally return to the old UI.   

jimstaplja1

how can i find, view and edit my pictures in my profile? i asked another member to look and they are still there but i cant seem to access them