Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #661

DaveyJonesArrr

DeepGreene wrote:
    DaveyJonesArrr wrote:

Appolgies if this has been asked before, but I don't have time so sift through 35 pages of mostly nonsense. All I want to know is if I'm the only fool who can't see my own games in the game explorer.

No you're not the only one. :)

The good news is that A. we're working on it, and B. when it comes back, it will include data from your career in Live Chess as well.

Cool, thanks!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #662

jimstaplja1

DeepGreene wrote:

http://www.chess.com/home/edit_profile.html

Two ways to get there:

1. Click on your avatar in the upper-left corner of your Home page

2. Home menu > Account > Edit Profile

thanks but that is not the page i want to edit, i want the page that has my video, quotes and pics

• 3 years ago · Quote · #663

DeepGreene

staplja1 wrote:
    DeepGreene wrote:

Two ways to get there:

thanks but that is not the page i want to edit, i want the page that has my video, quotes and pics

If the page in question starts with a "Desiderata" video and quotations, starting with one from Gandhi, then the page I directed you to above is the correct one. Look for the editor widget towards the bottom of Edit Profile.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #664

jimstaplja1

DeepGreene wrote:
    staplja1 wrote:
    DeepGreene wrote:

Two ways to get there:

If the page in question starts with a "Desiderata" video and quotations, starting with one from Gandhi, then the page I directed you to above is the correct one. Look for the editor widget towards the bottom of Edit Profile.

i imagine by now you guys are ready to smack me  (and i cant blame you) but i just tried looking with explorer instead of FireFox that i always use and i can see desiderata and the quotes with explorer in the little white window but in FireFox desiderata does not show up but the quotes are there so i am closer. does all the editing have to be done in that little message box like this one or can i make it full screen and still work with it? i am not sure if you were aware you have compatibility issues with FireFox.

thanks for your help and not strangling me

• 3 years ago · Quote · #665

_IronButterfly_

@stap - Hi there, hope you got your problems taken care of with Firefox.  I just read your comments about it all and I have to tell ya.. I have used Firefox since it came out,but have recently switched to Google Crome, at the advice of a friend, and I do have less problems. 

I give up on Firefox, for awhile. Smile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #666

_IronButterfly_

Was sort of curious, what is the "unlock all of chess.com" about? Is that about security?  

• 3 years ago · Quote · #667

Zaiger

That icon links to the membership page - it's mostly for basic members who wish to upgrade so that they can get all the perks of a paid Chess.com membership.  :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #668

_IronButterfly_

OH, d'oh! Makes sense ,Zaiger, thanks!  Also, may I ask, why is it that meebo is covered up in games so the chat can't be used during a games, unless the game is closed? Perhaps  there's a setting I'm missing?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #669

kco

it seem you have a glitch (correction Smile) in the vote chess, Team comments is missing, I am using Chrome.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #670

DeepGreene

kco wrote:

it seem you have a cliche (sp?) in the vote chess, Team comments is missing, I am using Chrome.

I'm not sure what you mean by "cliche" there, but apart from the accent (cliché), the spelling is perfect. Wink 

I've reported the bug also, & we'll fix ASAP!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #671

knightspawn5

What happened to the search members bar in the teams area.  Along with the window bar for date joined, and, highest rated and so on?  

• 3 years ago · Quote · #672

motherinlaw

Was kco going for "glitch?"

• 3 years ago · Quote · #673

kco

motherinlaw wrote:

Was kco going for "glitch?"

LOL yes that the one ! oh dear Embarassed

• 3 years ago · Quote · #674

motherinlaw

Glad to help --- DeepGreene is probably a chess genius, Cool, while I, on the other hand, am Obviously a Language/Communication Genius!!  Wink  ( --- as far as you know --- Wink)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #675

DeepGreene

If only... (to the first part). ;)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #676

chess_kebabs

The Team Comments TAB in Vote Chess appears to have been deliberately removed.. not sure why.. but that's the impression I got from Kohai when I queried it 2 or 3 weeks ago, or whenever I first noticed it. As her answer was that we can see the team comments automatically when we log in.. she never said it was a bug and they were trying to fix it. So I dunno.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #677

DrPhil

I seem to be unable - in any browser - to post a new comment in http://www.chess.com/tournament/17th-chesscom-tournament-1801-2000

The box to post something in is simply gone.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #678

DeepGreene

DrPhil wrote:

I seem to be unable - in any browser - to post a new comment in http://www.chess.com/tournament/17th-chesscom-tournament-1801-2000

I assume you joined that tournament (?). I'm not seeing any problems.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #679

DrPhil

DeepGreene wrote:
    DrPhil wrote:

I did, but I think I got moved to another bracket before it started, I'm not on the list of participants (anymore?). I cannot verify it, cause I got eliminated from number 17 by now, so it isn't showing under 'my tournaments' either.

The thing is, I posted earlier in that same thread (see pages 3 and 4 of the thread), and I cannot reply anymore now - which is odd.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #680

DeepGreene

DrPhil wrote:
    DeepGreene wrote:
    DrPhil wrote:

I did, but I think I got moved to another bracket before it started, I'm not on the list of participants (anymore?). I cannot verify it, cause I got eliminated from number 17 by now, so it isn't showing under 'my tournaments' either.

The thing is, I posted earlier in that same thread (see pages 3 and 4 of the thread), and I cannot reply anymore now - which is odd.

Ok, so probably not redesign-related at all....

If you commented before your bracket got changed, but now can't after you got auto-un-joined, I think it's working as advertised: i.e. you can comment in tournaments in which you're registered (whether you've been eliminated or not). Additional complexity seems unwarranted to me.

Post your reply: