Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Chess.com Database

• 5 years ago · Quote · #1

bobobbob

There used to be a database comprised of all chess.com's member's games. Now there is only a master database and individual members database. I thought the member games database was a novel idea! A constantly updating source of good games, it would be pretty much the largest database in existence! The only cocern I can think of is that the games would be low quality, but this is easily fixed by using the rating filter.

Please bring the member's database back!Kiss

• 5 years ago · Quote · #2

WanderingWinder

I would also support this (it would probably be premium only, so I wouldn't be able to use it until I can get around to going premium), but the concern is probably the massive amount of data space this would take up (and some other related concerns)

• 5 years ago · Quote · #3

bobobbob

Well maybe they can limit it to players over 2000 only.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #4

TheGrobe

But surely this data's already being stored....

Also, I'd suggest that the rating limit be a filter that the user could select rather than one that was chosen for us to limit the scope of the database.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #5

erik

TheGrobe wrote:

But surely this data's already being stored....

Also, I'd suggest that the rating limit be a filter that the user could select rather than one that was chosen for us to limit the scope of the database.

impossible. you can't calculate all of the %s on the fly... it takes days (weeks!) to calculate the win/loss stuff for every fen of every game. that is why updating the db is so painful and intensive.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #6

TheGrobe

Fair enough -- makes sense.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #7

bobobbob

Gambitbuster wrote:

You will go nut everytime you watch a database.

? We're talking about the opening explorer and that database.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #8

chess506

I would want my game to be in the database and my openings to be on opening explorer

But my rating's too lowCry

• 5 years ago · Quote · #9

Eventhorizon

Good idea!

Post your reply: