Forums

Creating a group

Sort:
nameno1had

When creating a group you are presented with an option for whether you want your groups notes and forums public or private. Once there are established, can they be changed for private to public or vice versa ?

Doggy_Style

They can be changed very easily, at any time.

nameno1had

cool, thanks for the tip...

Doggy_Style

If my memory serves me correctly, Admins and Super Admins have an extra menu.... something like "Admin Tools" (right-hand side, near the top).... you can change nearly everything from there.

nameno1had

Alright, that sounds great. I was trying to imagine how a group might morph over time and I didn't want to commit to anything prematurely and then get stuck with it.

Doggy_Style

Groups morph easily (the fewer members, the more easily), even the name of the group may be changed.

nameno1had

Yeah I was trying to be flexible. They say without adaptation, extinction is usually soon to follow...

Master_Kaina

did u create a group nemo?

nameno1had

I am in the process... I want to have my bases covered first....why what's on your mind ?

nameno1had

no....but when I joined the jedi group I thought about showing up as him....lol

red-lady

If you are a superadmin or an admin you can change the settings whenever you wish. It's done in a second. Wink

Master_Kaina
nameno1had wrote:

I am in the process... I want to have my bases covered first....why what's on your mind ?

wuz jus curious bout ur theme Cool

nameno1had

@ Red-Lady

Thanks for the tip and the encouragment....

corrijean

You could always make a group just to test out the settings. Once you get it all figured out you could launch it.

red-lady
nameno1had wrote:

@ Red-Lady

Thanks for the tip and the encouragment....

you're welcome.

nameno1had

sent you a pm MK

nameno1had

corrijean wrote:

You could always make a group just to test out the settings. Once you get it all figured out you could launch it.

I was somewhat in fear of doing that. I thought it would be detrimental to the process and finished product. I'd rather do it the right way the first time. I think making sure my ducks are in a row will make hitting the mark much easier....

Eseles

i hope no animals are being harmed in the process of making this group

hey, hove you found a name for the group? how about "The amazing Eseles?" i think it has a nice ring to it :D

nameno1had

animals....? I eat them sometimes....I might have to think this over a few meals, so I guess that idea has already gone out the window....

Master_Kaina
nameno1had wrote:

sent you a pm MK

i replied Cool