Forums

Debate: What to call "Online Chess"...

Sort:
artfizz

Vacation Chess.

(This name would encourage players to take vacations - who might not otherwise do so!)

The only anomaly is when you play non-vacation vacation chess (i.e. in a non-vacation tournament).

Ziryab

More vacation time would be nice because the free Wi-fi in hotels is often spotty.

DrSpudnik
Ziryab wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

In chess history!

The debates between those who think Fischer was the greatest player in history, the advocates of Kasparov, and the few who actually comprehend the powers of Alekhine has been are far larger debate in numbers of participants, quantity of views, and qualitative differences between the responses.

Not a mass debate?! I should know a mass debate when I see one! I have experience with mass debating for decades, and I must attest that this has all the elements of a mass debate! This is nothing BUT mass debating!

motherinlaw
chess_kebabs wrote:

lol Mother-in-law.. some of those were very funny.. 

---- Thanks!  I'm still thinking of sales pitches ---

"Play Chess AND Meet Fellow Eccentrics from Foreign Lands!"

"Think You're Peculiar?  Not on This Site, You're Not!"

"Meet Way More Chess Players than You Ever Wanted To!"

"Play, Don't Play --- Nobody Here Will Care!"

"Ask Questions About Everything You've Always Wanted to Know About Chess, But Were Afraid to Ask!"

"Bad Hair Day?  Still Want a Chess Game?  We're Here for You!"

"Need an Ego Boost?  Challenge a Chess Beginner to a Game!"

"Feeling Too Full of Yourself?  Play a GrandMaster!"

"Worried You're Wacko?  Get Reassurance by Reading Comments From REAL Wackos --- AND Play Chess, Too!"

"Have Extremely Strong Feelings about Certain Chess Openings?  Meet Other People Just Like YOU!"

"Like A Good Debate?  It's Easy to Find or Start One Here!"

"Hate Reading Argumentative Exchanges?  Complain About Them Here!"

"Hate Complainers?  Let Them Know It Here!"

"Always Been Curious About Playing Chess Through Electronic Devices?  Go Ahead and Take a Chance --- Let the Adventure Begin!"

motherinlaw

P.S.  Erik, message me privately with your offers re $ per slogan.  I'm open to (reasonable) negotiations. Wink Money mouth  Sincerely, MIL

chess_kebabs
motherinlaw wrote:

P.S.  Erik, message me privately with your offers re $ per slogan.  I'm open to (reasonable) negotiations.    Sincerely, MIL

I'm sure Erik has messaged you by now MIL with an offer too good to refuse!!

If you haven't Erik, WHY NOT!!!! Surprised

chess_kebabs

Was trying to pick a favourite MIL, but it's too hard...

Will keep trying... 

winerkleiner

Stop the presses Erik, I got the name to sum up this thread and to end this debate, just call it "Debate Chess"

T-shirt me.

WalangAlam

how about chess extended time or chess XT for short kind of catchy.

ChazR

Call it "On-Line Chess."

winerkleiner

Cosmic Chess (out of this universe)

ChazR

I have got it:  Call it hose-line chess, no, no, that's not it...call it clothes line chess for all the laundry you failed to do while making a move.  What's better?  "Toe-the-line" chess?  Lacks feeling.  How about "What's your sign" chess as kind of a retro-appreciation to disco?  That's just silly.  "Malign Chess;" "I'm fine Chess;" "Refine Chess;" "Sublime Chess."  I am still not sure.  Tough one! 

ChazR

This is such a troubling queston, I could not go to sleep.  Instead, I watched all of the Harry Potter movies and there, I found the answer.   It should be called "Chess of which we do not speak (ever again, I hope).

chess_kebabs

lol Jerome.. I'd  be willing to play chess in any universe.. Laughing

ChazR

...one of the prettiest smiles I have ever come upon!

chess_kebabs
ChazR wrote:

...one of the prettiest smiles I have ever come upon!

Thanks. That's the "kindest" thing you've said to me to "date",  excuse the pun...

ChazR

Here is my best effort:  A-line Chess, Benign chess, Class tine chess, Define chess,  ElephA-line Chess, Benign chess, Class tine chess, Define chess,  Elephantine Chess, Feline Chess, Get-behind Chess, He’s fine Chess, Juan-line Chess, No Whine Chess, Philippine Chess, Quinine Chess, Resign Chess, To Fine Chess, Un-Kind Chess, Swing on a Vine Chess, Drink some Wine Chess. .antine Chess, Feline Chess, Get-behind Chess, He’s fine Chess, Juan-line Chess, No Whine Chess, Philippine Chess, Quinine Chess, Resign Chess, To Fine Chess, Un-Kind Chess, Swing on a Vine Chess, Drink some Wine Chess. .

ChazR

Apologize for the double post...mouse error (not mine).

winerkleiner
chess_kebabs wrote:

lol Jerome.. I'd  be willing to play chess in any universe.. 

Nice to know, how about if we call it Universe Chess?

Or closer to home-USA Chess

chess_kebabs
winerkleiner wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

lol Jerome.. I'd  be willing to play chess in any universe.. 

Nice to know, how about if we call it Universe Chess?

Or closer to home-USA Chess

Universe, Diverse, just dont' call it Perverse...