Forums

Debate: What to call "Online Chess"...

Sort:
ChazR

...chess_kebabs...I would play chess with you during a solar eclipse...

AlCzervik
TheGrobe wrote:

I can't believe it took 63 pages to come up with it. It seems so obvious in hindsight.

63 more coming.

ChazR

...OK...I make a move...your move, baby.

motherinlaw

Who's there?  .... wait, didn't someone say "knock, knock" several hundred posts ago?  I think it was winerkleiner.....Undecided

TheGrobe
chess_kebabs wrote:
AcivilizedGentleman wrote:

''engine haven''

Well AcivilisedGentleman (nice name btw), how about setting up a separate rated Centaur pool for all the engine lovers? For at the moment they only have one place to play here and it's with YOU.

They are in an engine haven now but give them a separate pool and you and all the non engine fans can be in 'more' of a non-engine heaven. :)

*Waits for Grobe" 

Bait me all you like, I don't think it's necessary for me to point out the folly of your pro-cheater agenda.

chess_kebabs

Can't quote you Grobe on my phone. I wasn't trying to bait you, was joking around. As far as it being a pro-cheater agenda, it's actually the opposite. :)

TheGrobe

Until you succeed in getting the definition of cheating changed, it's a pro-cheating agenda.

chess_kebabs

disagree 100% 

winerkleiner
motherinlaw wrote:

Who's there?  .... wait, didn't someone say "knock, knock" several hundred posts ago?  I think it was winerkleiner.....

You have a very good memory! 

Poor me, I was drinking (wine) and I was feeling a little reglected and I needed a little attention (I'm needy).  I need therapy Smile 

chess_kebabs
TheGrobe wrote:

Until you succeed in getting the definition of cheating changed, it's a pro-cheating agenda.

Please explain how it is a "pro cheating agenda" if a separate pool here is introduced for engine users"? 

DrSpudnik

Judging by all the Forum threads, I guess it should be called "Parham."

Yereslov

Can we just call it by it's common name? 

Let's not give it some stupid name.

winerkleiner

kire chess, it's Erik spelt backward, just kidding let's call it something.

Yereslov

It already has a name.

Why are we making one up?

TheGrobe

We should call it Yereslov chess, in honour of that opening you invented here.

boborbob

Correspondence chess or slow chess would definitely be my vote. 

Sam998

Dead Chess

It is not Live, therefore it must be dead.

Problem solved.

chess_kebabs

I see you couldn't give a legit/good answer Grobe to my question to you.

TheGrobe

I see you don't understand the meaning of the word "until".

chess_kebabs

You're being ultra vague, be more specific please. Throwing around wild statements like that doesn't explain anything.