Forums

Did you notice? Did you see?

Sort:
solskytz

I've been here on this website for a couple or three good years already. 

I've been in touch, personally, with many of you - Kings, commoners and knaves. 

I also know, that many of you are either musicians, or music lovers - some of you turn to me from time to time with questions, suggestions, ideas, or even appreciation of the music I put from time to time on my YouTube channel. 

You may be happy to know, that last week I started a new PIANO PLAYING TIPS BLOG!

You are invited to check it out at www.itzhaksolsky.com, and let me know how you like it. 

In addition, add me as a friend on Facebook (I'm Itzhak Solsky) - or better still, LIKE my artist page there (www.itzhaksolsky.com), and then you'll be updated every time I publish a new post (which will probably be around once a week, more or less). 

Stay tuned!

VULPES_VULPES

Cool!

CoenJones

cool, how do you start a blog??

Lou-for-you

Tip 1 : find a piano

VULPES_VULPES
manspider29 wrote:

cool, how do you start a blog??

Hover over "Home" (on the right side of the screen, at the top), click on "Blog", then click "Write new blog"

Lou-for-you

Click on blog! Not on block! G not k!

solskytz

There are many options to start blogs, also out of chess.com. 

My blog is hosted by wordpress.com - which is an excellent host. 

solskytz

It's true... I'm already used to the situation where a new piano student comes to study with me, and then I discover that he's a chess player - sometimes amateur, in some cases a GM...

Angel9505

A GM?!? Did you challenge your GM piano student to a match or start taking chess lessons from him or something? That sounds pretty amazing to suddenly discover your student is a GM...

AussieMatey

No, he gave him some tips on the Giuoco Piano. Smile

Angel9505

AussieRookie good one!

solskytz

Funny! I was asked a question four years after writing here for the last time, and I'm still two years (almost) late in answering it...

So <Angel9505> - if you're still there - 

1) I did challenge him to a blitz match, which he won 6.5 to 4.5 (I need to mention that in that match I got 5 minutes per game and he 1 minute, and no increment... but it was really interesting!)

2) I received a couple of lessons from him - and the most remarkable thing that I learned was that in some endgames, a R is better than B+N! It was very revealing. 

3) It was no sudden discovery... that guy is a very well-known GM in Israel and I knew him from the chess world before he became my student. He was also a retired concert pianist, and he came to me 13 years after retiring. I helped him recover his ability and passion, and brought him to an entirely new level. It's been 13 years since we stopped working (I left Israel) and he still plays concerts (and also gives chess workshops to strong and young players). 

He also was the world champion in the resolution of chess problems, and five times he took second prize in the Bridge championships in Israel. He has a Master's degree in mathematics. 

In this video, we are playing together (unfortunately the recording with the second and third movements was lost, as far as I know)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqRJygYz4E (my sister is turning the pages for him).

Angel9505

Wow. That sounds awesome.

solskytz

There are many lovely videos on my channel - do check them out!

www.youtube.com/user/solskytz/videos