Forums

GM Ipatov to Conduct Regular Simuls on Chess.com!

Sort:
DanielRensch

Hey Everyone, 

Realizing that we don't *currently* have an official structure for announcing events in Live Chess that aren't direclty related to Chess.com/TV - I am posting a forum to get the word out!

GM Alexander (Sasha) Ipatov - World Junior Champion and recent runner up in Death Match 12, will be performing regular, bi-weekly Simuls on Chess.com! The dates for the first four are set in stone here:

SCHEDULE:

14th April  19.00 UTC+3

28th April  19.00 UTC+3

12th May  21.00 UTC+3

19th May  19.00 UTC+3

We are calling them "Simul Sundays, with GM Ipatov!" -- Other dates will be announced in THIS thread as they become official.  

FORMAT:

• At the start time advertised, GM Ipatov (TheGadfly1897) will create 1 seek at a time for the time control of 30 minutes + 30 Second Increment;
  • The Simuls will be open to the first 10 players to accept his seeks;
  • To avoid "auto-abort" GM Ipatov will play the first few moves on each board before creating the next seek/starting the next game;

Please post any questions here!

A UTC to GMT to EDT converter can be found here http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/edt-to-utc-converter

WinningYourQueen

How I can enter simuls?

steinitz_attack

Great!

kaspy2011

Great opportunity for all of us :)

philidorposition

This is great news, thanks for such an invaluable opportunity! But I wish there were some other way of determining the participants. For example, the first 10 users to post on this forum thread. Smile

WanderingPuppet

Fantastic!

archmage81

what time are they EDT time?

MyRook

Is that 11:00 pm EDT?

great!

MyRook

well 1900= 7pm

MyRook

WE shouldn't have to be finding out the time.It should be listed accordingly

ecstatic_broccoli

Yes, great news! Do please post the EDT time as this is confusing - thanks!

curiousquark

Sounds good!

TheGadfly1897

Simul will start in 5 minutes. Feel free to join! Don't hesitate to check out my blog : http://blog.alexipatov.com/

TheGadfly1897

First simul has ended with score 7-3 without draws. Next simul will take place on April, 28th at 7pm GMT+3. Everybody is welcome!

leo997

i want to join. this is interesting game

MrKornKid

Challenge me eh.

CHCL

utc +3? What time zone?

CHCL

This sounds like fun.

anil_patra

How to join the simul