Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Greeters are abused =(


  • 5 years ago · Quote · #1

    General-Lee

    Ex. 1.

    Greetee- anytimenow

    (two minutes later)

    Greetee- Hurry the F*** up!

    (Three days later)

    General-Lee won on time.

    ex. 2

     

    greetee: hi

    General-Lee: hey

    greetee: please be quick

    greetee: do your move

    greetee: go on

    Fastest230: please

    General-Lee: dude, this is corr. it may be days between moves. if you wanna play live go to www.chess.com/simple

    greetee: i want to join torniments

    greetee0: thats why

    greetee: ok 'dude'

    General-Lee: ah

    greetee: do u understand

    General-Lee: ya, i used to be like that.U get more patient after about 200 games.

    greetee: this is my first

    greetee: u there










    Erik, if u read this, please, MAKE THE PART ABOUT CORR. CHESS BEING SLOW BOLD!!!!!!! =(
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #2

    dlordmagic

    I feel ya. They want to  play superfast games. I was even accused of cheating becuase a pawn they moved they swear up and down moved by itself.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #3

    ASpieboy

    So far I haven't had a greeter game that I didn't win on time.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #4

    General-Lee

    ASpieboy wrote:

    So far I haven't had a greeter game that I didn't win on time.


    i've only had like five...

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #5

    rooperi

    I actually got beat in one.......

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #6

    General-Lee

    rooperi wrote:

    I actually got beat in one.......


    I was beaten twice, but then again, that was at my rating dish (about 1350) and i played poorly. 

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #7

    Dakota_Clark

    I don't think alot of first-time users immediately grasp that the Online Chess is correspondence style.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #8

    General-Lee

    Dakota_Clark wrote:

    I don't think alot of first-time users immediately grasp that the Online Chess is correspondence style.


    THAT"S THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED TO MAKE IT CLEAR!!!!!!

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #9

    kokino

    lol, did you leave your greeter name in just one post to let us know who is he? (I don't understand why you have hidden his username in most of the chat entries if you wanted to let everyone know who is) :)

    (With that username it is not weird he wanted to play quicklier.... lol)

    Fastest230

    and btw, I do agree with you... I don't understand why someone volunteers himself as chess.com greeter to be in a hurry a few minutes later...

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #10

    TheGrobe

    General-Lee wrote:
    Dakota_Clark wrote:

    I don't think alot of first-time users immediately grasp that the Online Chess is correspondence style.


    THAT"S THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED TO MAKE IT CLEAR!!!!!!


    We could try yelling it at them....

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #11

    General-Lee

    kokino wrote:

    lol, did you leave your greeter name in just one post to let us know who is he? (I don't understand why you have hidden his username in most of the chat entries if you wanted to let everyone know who is) :)

    (With that username it is not weird he wanted to play quicklier.... lol)

    Fastest230

    and btw, I do agree with you... I don't understand why someone volunteers himself as chess.com greeter to be in a hurry a few minutes later...


    lol i meant to put the names out but i guess i missed that one

    Edit: @ TheGrobe:

    LOL

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #12

    CheckMate360

    I feel ya

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #13

    catholicbatman

    I actually haven't had a greeter game for a while for some unknown reason even though I am signed up to play a couple. But most of them I do win on time, and from time to time I have gotten the 'want to play in 5 minutes' new member but it doesn't happen that often. I'd say 90% of the new players I play with time out.


Back to Top

Post your reply: