Forums

-> Help Translate Chess.com Text into Other Languages

Sort:
GiantBlackHole

Can you add Danish? I would like to translate the site into danish...

joeitachi

I can speak both english and indonesian well, but sadly there's no indonesian on that list... I know lots of Indonesians playing chess.com..

X_Storm_X

hI!I CAN TRANSLATE IN RUSSIAN AND HEBREW LEANG!!

ilmago

I have submitted a German translation.

Hunyango

I can help you translate it into Tagalog, and a few Philippine dialects like Ilocano or Illongo.  Why not translate your terms in Tagalog (Pilipino)? After all, out of the 270 countries that joined  Chess.com, Philippines is the fourth largest. Just a suggestion.Smile

derboesewolf
Daniellx wrote:

I would translate it into German but you must decide if it should be more personal or formal. For example: "Bist du bereit Schach zu spielen?" or "Sind Sie bereit Schach zu spielen?". Both are OK. Variation 1 is used between friends. I would prefer the personal version. We are meeting each other here to play chess and not for business purposes.

Do you translate the buttons too? (for example: save = speichern?)

How about: "Bereit zum Spielen" ?

It is shorter and you don t have to decide between the two forms.

erik

we're starting with just a few languages now. we'll do more soon!

RuthlessFynn

I'll help... since I can speak several languages.

AMcHarg
69tat wrote:

I wish Icould help,but Ispeak my native language poorly enough...but gl with this worthwhile project.

You could translate into Glaswegian! Wink lol

vk2008

I added some Spanish translation too!

keyvanlu

Hi ,

I perefer you to adding persion(farsi_Iranian language) to this site. we will help you for native translate.

thx

Democritus

I have assisted by submitting a translation into French. I hope it helps!

nakodaboy

I speak Sioux, Nakoda Sioux, (north american native tribe) so if you can manage that.. ill manage a Crown!

Chess.com Rules!!!

v4nd1t

Я с удовольствием могу помочь с переводом на русский язык. (I can gladly help with translation to Russian)

GingerMan
erik wrote:

thanks - sorry, we can't support all languages quite yet!

erik, there are 11.348 chess players from Turkey (in 11th place at Country List!); so, I strongly believe that Turkish translation of chess.com must be in here. Also, we are fed up with translating from Englist to Turkish for every single translation... For example, how to register, what does this mean, what is this, what is that etc..

On the other hand, one of our admins is currently trying to prepare a chess.com dictionary for Turkish players... Please have some mercy!!!

I trust our need will be taken into serious consideration.

Thank you for your kind understanding

pdela
pdela wrote:

hehe... you're very clever managing your resources.

glad to help :)

well, now you'll be overload of translations maybe that banner had been pretty too much :)

Defacto

Ah I startde with german translation but you allready got 2...so no need for third ;)

Contact me when you need Croatian ;)

Xavi_P

I'd be happy and honoured to help translate into Catalan! :)

DarekD

why do you have to ask members about this

sergio_moncao

I did my best to translate to brazilian portuguese. Hope have helped! 

This forum topic has been locked