Forums

-> Help Translate Chess.com Text into Other Languages

Sort:
gorgeous_vulture

Here's an idea: anyone who feels slighted that their language was not included in Erik's original list, do the translations and submit (identifying the language!). Erik and the chess.com staff can keep them handy for when time allows to make them available.

I doubt that the original list was meant to comprehensive. Let's give the staff some credit for analysing where they see the majority of traffic, new users etc.

Felian

I'm voting for translating site! Laughing

dpruess
chessmates wrote:
davepacker wrote:
chandan_tyagi wrote:

there should be an INDIAN language

HINDI also please do it many of the brilliant chess masters in INDIA don't know english so you should also take the HINDI...

MAKING THE TEXT LARGER DOES NOT MAKE IT MORE TRUE!!!

Viswanathan Anand is from South India. I think he is from Tamil Nadu. He wouldn't know much of Hindi either. If you consider India, you may have to consider using another 20 languages too.

But I think it is worth the try, considering a population of over 1billion...!!!

I wish Erik takes a note of the various Indian languages too.

i believe his native tongue is Tamil.

lupusagnus

tried to help with an italian translation! greets to everybody here! ciao!

John_H

eh up... does tha speak Yorksha?

goldendog

I can do Oompaloomi. There are so few of us left, being quite oppressed.

ilikeflags

dog?

Aydin4ik
Crazychessplaya wrote:

It is not all that easy, regarding translating into Polish. "Ready to play chess?" is gender sensitive, i.e. "Gotowy do gry w szachy?" is masculine (referring to a male reader), while "Gotowa do gry w szachy" is feminine. A neutral phrase would be an equivalent of "Do you want to play chess" - "Chcesz zagrać w szachy?", but it is necessary to know the context of this message. Someone close to the app should look at these messages and choose the best form.

If it was in Russian (which is the closest language to Polish from the ones I speak), I would do it in the plural form. I guess, that would be using "Gotowi..."

Aydin4ik

By the way, no TURKISH or AZERBAIJANI. I'd participate..

ShiViChess

I suggest that you add Arabic, Hindi, and Tagalog to the list.

MilanBgd01

Do you need someone for Serbian?

jhan17

I would consider myself a native speaker but not a "native" writer or reader.

Hope that makes sense :)

Lokaz

In deutsch, koennte ich einen Unterhaltung fuehren (ich habe deutsch seit zwei Jahren studieren) aber ich bin leider nicht fliessend. Deshalb, ich kann nicht zu viel machen in dieser Projekt.

Lokaz
echecs06 wrote:

Je peux vous aider pour le Français.

Wircklich? Ich spreche nur ein bißchen Frazösich, aber alle Fremdsprachen gefallen mir auf jeden falls. Englisch ist meine Muttersprache, während ich neben in deutsch fließend sein bin. Eine Fremdsprachende Person wird  wahrscheinlich sehr erfolgreich.

OnlineChessLessons

I can speak Fluent spanish if you need a hand with some translations! Let me know!

OpeningGambit

I realise this is a very old forum thread, but I just happened to find it. I speak German and French - I'm not sure if you've already got those, but if you don't, I'd be happy to translate anything you like into those two. OG :)

iodex

i speak 2 languages i think i should get in this one

gambit13

I speak english and know how to use google translator. Is that helpful?

oinquarki
erik wrote:

Please do not submit answers if you are not a native speaker. Using Google Translate to input answers doesn't help - it just makes it harder for us :) 

Bugniduck

I can handle Texan...

This forum topic has been locked