Forums

-> Help Translate Chess.com Text into Other Languages

Sort:
Satyrik

I can help you with translating into Chinese (mainland), but the problem is I get "connection interrupted" everytime I click on the link. What to do? By the way, I'm not a native speaker but my wife is.

Sharsan
jootoo wrote:

wish to translate Chinese but no way to go that link, maybe the link is blocked by China Gov, , so bad.

Misha

I can translate to and from Arabic, so am at your service if needed, and yes it's my native tongue besides Persian (not the official dialect, though I do understand it).

Been waiting for ages for such a project to start! all the best Erik. 

FromCN

i did the chinese translation, but i don't think it's good enough.

Chess4001

Why do we have to include our usernames? I'm translating chinese...

mschosting
Chess4001 wrote:

Why do we have to include our usernames? I'm translating chinese...

maybe youl get a prize if you are chosen! :)

insertnamehere99

I speak a second lauguage but can't translate the all the words to chinese. Does that count?

The--Player

If you need to translate to arabic I'm very ready.

kevinzhang
jootoo wrote:

wish to translate Chinese but no way to go that link, maybe the link is blocked by China Gov, , so bad.

Yes, same to me :(

ItalianGame-inactive
erik wrote:

bump :) seriously - if you speak a second language, please participate!

What about the Irish language??

Maria_Mihai

no romanian here... bad thing... i could translate in french, but i'm not sure that i can help

klandri

I guess you don't want Icelandic (300,000 speakers) but if you do then I'm in!Cool

Bellz245

I wish they have Korean. CryI cannot be fluent in American languages. EmbarassedYou can most likely tell. Frown

Please do not insult my Korean talk.Undecided Koreans, message for you.:  LaughingJouyong ha.Laughing

Bellz245
klandri wrote:

I guess you don't want Icelandic (300,000 speakers) but if you do then I'm in! Cool

Hey, I'm not Korean, but I'm Isabelle Lee (Bellz245)'s friend. I am very fluent in English, Russian, and Italian. I hope that you guys can understand her pain...Tongue out

Anyways, may all of you live to see the day you die. TEEHEE!

Have a good time playing chess. PLAY ON!!!

I also agree with the comment above by klandri. Sometimes, people choose the "famous" languages and leave all of the others behind. I bet most of you can relate to this feeling.

You could say that I don't exactly feel your pain, because I speak multiple languages, but you get my point....

right?

Always going to love chess,

Isabella

erik
paul211 wrote:

Another thread by whoever with hardly any substance to it.

All we are asked to  do is translate: " ready to play chess" in a few languages!~!~!????

Is this the kind of idiotic translation that chess.com is looking for????

Better to call a translatation company and pay for it for ouch such a simple translation.

If there was more content, meaning more things to translate, then perhaps it would be worthwhile.

Better pay for the service than try to read and select the proper translation when chess.com has no clue and waste enourmous time to try to figure out something that they have no clue about.

A complete waste of my time and more for chess.com that is still counting pennies to meet the budget at the end of the month. 

This is where the money in the budget is lost at chess.com.

Useless time spent on posting a forum, and more useless to try to sort out.

I will leave the decision and conclusion to our experts at chess.com and do hope that wisdom is in their cards. You have to know when to fold...Kenny Roger..

thanks for the business advice paul. helpful as usual. i appreciate the constant reminders that i have ZERO idea what i am doing. 

vinx

what about malay...i can surely help...;)

sevy1971

Hi ,

Could help to translate in German, French an LUXEMBOURGISH :-)

Felian

Hi. I can help translate to Russian (native speaker).

chandan_tyagi

there should be an INDIAN language

HINDI also please do it many of the brilliant chess masters in INDIA don't know english so you should also take the HINDI...

SimonSeirup

I can help with danish, but danish isnt on the list...

This forum topic has been locked