Forums

ios7

Sort:
gbrown057

I mostly play chess on an iPad. Since ios7 was introduced, I find that chess.com has become very jerky and 'sticky'. Does anyone else experience this, and if so is there anything I can do? (Please don't turn this into an Apple vs Android debate; that's a separate issue).

ChessisGood

My phone which runs Android 4.1.2 runs the chess.com app just fine. Tongue Out

Don't worry--my 3rd gen iPad on iOS 7 does as well, so no Apple v. Android debate here.

What generation is your iPad? 2nd gen iPads are having lots of trouble with iOS 7...

ozeko

I think the ios7 made older devices run slower. My friend upgraded to 7 on his mac and videos don't run that smooth anymore. My iphone also seems to be running slower since the update.

gbrown057

It is a 2nd generation model, so that probably explains it. It's a devilish trick to make us upgrade! Unfortunately my iPad is owned by my employer and my chess isn't their priority.

baz-30

Thee is another update avalible now ios7.2 which fixes little glitches and stuff and runs ok Smile

gbrown057

Cheers baz

ForeverHoldYourPiece

Ios 7 was really meant for the larger devices like ipads and what not, Ipods and other devices recieved the short end of the stick, I suggest waiting for chess.com to update the app, or play on the computer. 

gbrown057

Yep, it is an iPad I use.

ForeverHoldYourPiece
gbrown057 wrote:

Yep, it is an iPad I use.

What generation?

gbrown057

See above

ForeverHoldYourPiece

Ah, I see. Well I suggest double clicking the home button, and clearing the cache by dragging the old windows up to close to apps. 

I'm assuming your ram is too low, that is the only logical explanation 

ozeko

Check to see if iCloud is off too. That may cause the device to run slow.