Forums

Looking for a Writer to Author Chess Marketing Articles for Chess.com!

Sort:
erik

We are continually trying to increase our SEO and paid search conversions through targeted keywords pages. We need a talented, thoughtful, creative writer who can do a QUALITY job writing short, interesting sales pages that will help convert our traffic into registrations. 

All of the keywords and articles will be about chess :) We have about 100 articles to write!

Example Keywords:

• chess master
  • bobby fischer
  • learn to play chess
  • chess beginner

Body should be around 160-200 words in 2-3 paragraphs and should relate the keywords to how our website can help them with those interests. Example about bobby fischer would be about how you can learn to play like bobby fischer with our awesome set of tools and trainers. 

You will also need to find an appropriate image (300x300 pixels) for the article. And you will be able to set a unique call to action "Start Playing Like Bobby Fischer!".

Please message me if you are interested!

heinzie

Doesn't a Fischer vs. Kasparov thread provide more than enough marketing material?

Coach_Valentin

Erik:  Have you thought of offering this as a project to creative writing college classes and/or other marketing/writing classes?  

That way, you can generate lots of good building blocks or even entire articles to use directly -- and in return you would give away chess.com gift registrations (to either the authors of their favorite friends who care about chess).  Not to mention you would give those college students some meaningful things to focus their attention on.  Free promotion and you get materials that likely the audience and friends of those people would be interested in.  Win-win as far as I can see!

The point has a practical -- besides the altruistic -- dimension, too: 100 is not a small number of articles for any one individual to write on roughly the same topic, even if you're talking about a couple of paragraphs each.  Rehashing similar content starts to pale rapidly after you've done 10, even if you're very interested in the topic; I know from experience...

Alternatively, if you can get 10 people who are already pre-screened to write 10 articles each, then you'd have both diversity of styles and actual meaningful (not rehashed) content in (nearly) all 100 articles you need.

Sure, it's more management and selection of candidates, but there are a number of redeeming qualities too, as I listed several of them above.

arborvitian

I'm with _valentin_ on this.  I don't think you're going to get a good writer to commit to anything close to 100 articles, and that's just the copy itself.  Adding the image requirement increases the amount of time it's going to take to produce each article by a factor of two or more.  Images are very easy to find, but obtaining permission to use one for commercial purposes is an entirely different ballgame.

You're really talking about one miserable slog here.

Scala

I track a member for a while.... She write great post....

I inform her about this but she dont reply to me....

In my opinion,  The person you are looking for the job have the nickname "batgirl" .....

DRcheckmate
arborvitian wrote:

I'm with _valentin_ on this.  I don't think you're going to get a good writer to commit to anything close to 100 articles, and that's just the copy itself.  Adding the image requirement increases the amount of time it's going to take to produce each article by a factor of two or more.  Images are very easy to find, but obtaining permission to use one for commercial purposes is an entirely different ballgame.

You're really talking about one miserable slog here.

also agreeing with valentin i think we sholud have more then 1 writer 

DRcheckmate
LisaV wrote:

What's the pay rate?

probably in food 

kco
DRcheckmate wrote:
LisaV wrote:

What's the pay rate?

probably in food 

no, you will get them in member points.

dragonair234