Forums

New Chess.com Site for Kids => www.ChessKid.com !

Sort:
theblindtiger

why not get rid of avatars all together? who needs them?

Matthew11

I aggre, their fine if you can chose your own, but pre-picked avitars aren't a good idea.

KingzChess

gd!

Jim_V
Matthew11 wrote:

I don't like that site at all! A few reasons:

You can't chose your own username? Just stupid preselected names of random words. They make you chose an picture. Can you say heartless? I really want a picture of a pony next to my random pre-picked name! No forums? C'mon! They really like to hide kids from the world. The site is poorly made and functions badly.            

I'm totally saying on Chess.com!!

You can choose your own username.

You can choose your own picture from a wide selection.

You can use the forums if you're a member of a club.

I know people with a pony next to their custom username.

Gm_andrewfeng
SerbianChessStar wrote:

Where it says

JOIN  IT'S FREE!

(Under JOIN,  there are words covered by the KIDS Tab)

EDIT:

You cant pick your own username? im guessing thats because its a friendly site?

EDIT:

Sorry for double posting.

you can,it just needs to be checked by staff.

_IronButterfly_

I just saw this post! Yess!  I have a granddaughter who is 7 yrs old, who likes to play.  I have let her use my name many times, but only with a trusted friend as an opponent.  I'm very pleased with this!  I'll let her play a few, and I'll give you some feed back.  Thanks so much for thinking of our kids.  She is so excited to play games there!

Bubatz

I wish there was a German version of chessKid.com. My daughter (seven years old) would love this. She will have her first English lessons soon, but I fear they will not suffice ... 

_IronButterfly_
Bubatz wrote:

I wish there was a German version of chessKid.com. My daughter (seven years old) would love this. She will have her first English lessons soon, but I fear they will not suffice ... 

You can certainly have your little girl play my granddaughter here on chess.com.  She would love it.  Just send a message and we can set a time for them.  She won't be here for a few days, so perhaps soon. It wouldn't hurt for Shay to learn some German, so we can work it out!  

_IronButterfly_
Matthew11 wrote:

I aggre, their fine if you can chose your own, but pre-picked avitars aren't a good idea.

What is so wrong with the cute avatars they have?! MY granddaughter didnt ask to make her own..was happy with the cute kitten.  Listen, kids have enough choices in other areas..why not teach them that they have to conform also?  Man alive, do they have to be spoiled completely?  :)

_IronButterfly_

I was questioning something, however.  We first made her name, then after getting the confirmation, I realize that I must make an account there, which AT THAT time, I add a child.  It looks like I should have made my account first there, THEN add hers.  Should I add her again there, or will that be possible, seeing she made her name first?

Bubatz
_IronButterfly_ wrote:
Bubatz wrote:

You can certainly have your little girl play my granddaughter here on chess.com.  She would love it.  Just send a message and we can set a time for them.  She won't be here for a few days, so perhaps soon. It wouldn't hurt for Shay to learn some German, so we can work it out!  

I love the thought, but it would be quite a hazzle to really arrange that. My daughter has no account (and I'm not sure I want her to have one yet), she also can't type (so that would hinder communication) and then there's the difference in time zone.

_IronButterfly_
Bubatz wrote:
_IronButterfly_ wrote:
Bubatz wrote:

I love the thought, but it would be quite a hazzle to really arrange that. My daughter has no account (and I'm not sure I want her to have one yet), she also can't type (so that would hinder communication) and then there's the difference in time zone.

Yes, I see the problems with that.  Just a thought :)

Chemwong

Really horrible that I made a test account (as kids) and give open seeks for 1200-1900 rated player in 1,2,3 days time control but it took more than 6 hours for them to be accepted. The higher rated kids may feel lonely there.

Are there anyways to get more kids there? Could there be a discount on Gold Kids if their parents were chess.com premium members?

Please consider constructing a brand new help page for the kids part of site as some of the FAQ are not applicable there.

Also I would like to repeat a point many has mentioned: all tournaments there are restricted to club(team) members would make most tourney impossible to start.

The ChessKid is really safe for kids and the kids cannot do much mischief under the setting. I appreciate this and wish this site could grow.

Mekk

The idea of kids being governed by parents is excellent, but I don't like the fact that chesskid is totally separated from chess.com. Am I, as parent, expected to visit both chess.com and chesskid.com simultaneously?

Wouldn't it be better if chesskid simply offered a limited view to normal chess.com, with chat, forums, avatars etc etc disabled but with an opportunity to play chess against normal chess.com members?

kohai

Thanks Mekk. I've had a few ask this.  Not sure if its possible at present, but have passed along the suggestion for you :)

Yazzoo_k

a Really nice thing you've done Thank you

I joined And played a "Learning Positions vs. Computer" game

The Computer over think some times

like when i tried to get a draw in the "Rock And Pawn Basics" With this position

This happend in the 2 bishop mate too

Chemwong

Also there should be conditional moves option so we do not have to waste time on forced moves.

DRcheckmate

im a 11 year old kid who studied chess very hard this site isnt challenging at all i won all my games accept from timouts and the acvanced chess lessons are about for 1200's

Namssob
Mekk wrote:

The idea of kids being governed by parents is excellent, but I don't like the fact that chesskid is totally separated from chess.com. Am I, as parent, expected to visit both chess.com and chesskid.com simultaneously?

Wouldn't it be better if chesskid simply offered a limited view to normal chess.com, with chat, forums, avatars etc etc disabled but with an opportunity to play chess against normal chess.com members?

I second this request, and I also have asked about this via a support ticket, more specifically, if I've paid for a Premium membership on Chess.com, it should carry over onto Chesskid.com.

I have to say the "friending" system on Chesskid.com is an outstanding idea.

DRcheckmate

wait im a kid but since im a prodigity can i make a coach account i was the teacher at a school chess club once